Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MAPP TORCH  (Read 791 times)

elninohese

• Smokey Joe
MAPP TORCH
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »
Have a question--I have a mapp torch, is this the best way to start lump coals on? what is best way..make a pyramid and hit the bottom and possible 2 other spots for 20 seconds? also once i do this do I leave the lid on or keep if off for 10 mins? vent all open of course?

going to ask alot of question just bought a master touch...

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: MAPP TORCH
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:54:30 AM »
Keep the questions coming, pyramid and a couple spots on the bottom and then lid off works for me
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:03:47 AM »
I've used a heat gun.  Lump is pretty easy to get started. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:10:17 AM »
You could use a charcoal chimney.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

elninohese

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
so another question with MAPP torch..lets say i want low and slow---so, create 3/4 snake in weber kettle...so i just light and hold head of the snake till it is all red on fire--30 seconds...and then what close lid and shutdown vents to get lets say 240 for ribs?  once lit snake, no need to keep lid off on the weber?  is snake is only good for briquettes? do you mostly use lump for high cooks like snake --steak--burgers etc...briquettes for ribs-roasts etc?  right now i have both kinds...

elninohese

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 04:45:04 AM »
so another question with MAPP torch..lets say i want low and slow---so, create 3/4 snake in weber kettle...so i just light and hold head of the snake till it is all red on fire--30 seconds...and then what close lid and shutdown vents to get lets say 240 for ribs?  once lit snake, no need to keep lid off on the weber?  is snake is only good for briquettes? do you mostly use lump for high cooks like snake --steak--burgers etc...briquettes for ribs-roasts etc?  right now i have both kinds...