Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 8 Kettles in One Trip, What a Donation!  (Read 2139 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: 8 Kettles in One Trip, What a Donation!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 04:08:46 AM »
Nice load you got there. Great thing to teach the kids. Congrats on the school supplies.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 08:06:14 AM »
Epic! Lucky kids - getting taught some of the good stuff in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 09:34:04 AM »
That's so cool. Trying to parse what category of class this would fall under. Schools don't do "home economics" any more, do they?

Every box is a Copper?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
Yes! So much this!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 11:17:22 AM »
That's awesome man

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »
Kudos to the donor and for volunteering, Rub.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 11:35:27 AM »
Very cool. That was very generous of the donor.[emoji106]

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 12:00:34 PM »
Ya' just don't see generosity like that every day. That's awesome! 8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
  Awesome generosity and what a cool class! I wish they offered that when I was in school!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2018, 02:07:18 AM »
Well done.

smokestain

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 09:08:53 AM »
Awesome way to pass it forward!
Buy a chimney they said....Its safer, less chemicals they said....Now my kids will find out that I died from eating burned newspaper ink!

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »
With such a kind donator paired joining hands with awesome teacher like you - those kids will learn awesome BBQ and lesson of "pay it forward". Good going.
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 08:20:19 PM »

Thanks again to the donor. Without him this wouldn't happen.

That's so cool. Trying to parse what category of class this would fall under. Schools don't do "home economics" any more, do they?

Every box is a Copper?
I teach special ed and some of the handicaps involve behavior problems. Also our school is primarily for preparing our kids for the world of work. So we've instituted a behavior management program that teaches the kids 10 basic qualities that employers want in their employees. Things like being on time, dressed to code, accepting feedback, getting along well with coworkers, etc. The kids who earn the equivalent of an A for the week for behavior get to choose from a list of fun "leisure activities" to take part in for about 70-90 minutes the end of the day on Fridays. I thought it would be cool to pass on the joy of grilling to them. So many come from 1 parent homes with no "dad". And typically it's the dad who teaches his son or daughter to grill. So I'm now able to bring this to the table for them.

And yes, they are all Coppers. Plus a couple black SJs. The goal is to get up to 12 grills so I can teach 24 at a time.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 04:49:08 AM »

Thanks again to the donor. Without him this wouldn't happen.

Every box is a Copper?
I teach special ed and some of the handicaps involve behavior problems. Also our school is primarily for preparing our kids for the world of work. So we've instituted a behavior management program that teaches the kids 10 basic qualities that employers want in their employees. Things like being on time, dressed to code, accepting feedback, getting along well with coworkers, etc. The kids who earn the equivalent of an A for the week for behavior get to choose from a list of fun "leisure activities" to take part in for about 70-90 minutes the end of the day on Fridays. I thought it would be cool to pass on the joy of grilling to them. So many come from 1 parent homes with no "dad". And typically it's the dad who teaches his son or daughter to grill. So I'm now able to bring this to the table for them.

And yes, they are all Coppers. Plus a couple black SJs. The goal is to get up to 12 grills so I can teach 24 at a time.

That is sooooo cool! Good on ya' brutha!  8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.