Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cook n' Kettle Jr. $157 (Edwardsville, Ill.) More pics added!  (Read 1130 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Cook n' Kettle Jr for sale on Facebook marketplace. Has anyone ever seen one of these before? Are they worth anything? I think if someone were to oil the cast iron surfaces and season it again, it would look pretty sharp? I'm wondering if these things were the fore-runner to the Kamado cookers or perhaps maybe the competitor to the Kamado cookers back in the day? Is the lid supposed to double as a cast iron skillet?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:00:57 PM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Cook n' Kettle Jr.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 03:53:38 AM »
I had one and traded it to my teammate for his old 26’r. No stand but it looks pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:21:51 AM »
That's cool! I'd buy it just for the novelty.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 08:32:17 AM »
I think it is pretty cool
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 10:58:21 AM »
Pretty dang cool I must say! Luv it!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 01:18:10 PM »
I want that!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Re: Cook n' Kettle Jr. $157 (Edwardsville, Ill.)
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
I added more pics. As far as I am aware, it's still available? $157 in Edwardsville, Illinois.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

Cellar2ful

Re: Cook n' Kettle Jr. $157 (Edwardsville, Ill.)
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 03:28:10 PM »
They are still available brand new.   3 Dog Barbeque is now the parent company of Cook 'N" Kettle.  They are called a Sportsman Kettle and sell for (ready for this?)  - $475 new on the website.  The one ramsfan posted the photo of appears to be an vintage original. 

http://www.3dogbarbeque.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5518103
"Chasing Classic Kettles"