Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Safeway Generic "Signature Home" brand charcoal = Royal Oak briquettes  (Read 1009 times)

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Hey folks,

Just wanted to share in case nobody knew that the Signature Home brand that is sold here in California at Safeway, Von's and other places is Royal Oak. It has a picture of the unique briquette and a the patent number on the bag Googles back to the Royal Oak patent. The blue bag has no lighter fluid and they also have one with lighter fluid infused in the red bag. Not sure if it is exactly the same blend as the Royal Oak briquettes at Lowes but they do seem to be more expensive than Royal Oak in the red back at Lowes. I think it is $7.99 at Safeway and $5.99 at the local Lowes.

This chain is huge so your local supermarket may have a different name yet may still be owned by the Safeway parent company where you might find these. I read on another forum that the Walmart generic briquettes are also Royal Oak but have not seen that myself first hand.

FWIW, I am using Chef's Select and like that. For that, you can order it online and then pick it up at your closest Do it Best franchise.
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Safeway Generic "Signature Home" brand charcoal = Royal Oak briquettes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 01:01:48 PM »
I think I also noticed that here in TN, under yet a different "house" brand. Maybe at the local Sav-A-Lot.

My investigation wasn't thorough like yours, but what I noticed was that the house brand did have the same "RIDGE" or whatever logo on it. I wanna say it was about $6 also.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: Safeway Generic "Signature Home" brand charcoal = Royal Oak briquettes
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 01:40:20 PM »
Same with Homeland's "Best Choice" here in Oklahoma.