Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Customer Service in Canada  (Read 2835 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Weber Customer Service in Canada
« on: April 18, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »
I just got off the phone with customer service in Canada. I have a Performer, date code AD (2010) that has crazing on the bowl. The rep. I spoke with told me that it wouldn't be covered since the warranty for rust or burnthrough is only ten years, but this is only the painted finish and that falls under "all remaining parts" and is only covered for two years. That sure doesn't match the experiences that I've heard here!! She asked for the photos to be emailed and I have sent that. She said that she will show it to her supervisor to make sure I get the final word on it. I'll report back when I hear back from her. I hope they'll stand behind this. Does anyone know if customer service in Canada is just not as good as the US in general?

[/URL][/img]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:50:49 PM by Mark Schnell »

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Customer Service in Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
BTW - This Performer was bought used by me. I can tell the original owner must have been cranking up the heat by the discoloration on the stainless parts here, but still... She didn't ask if I was the first owner either.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
Damn...  I've only had great things with their customer service.  My Performer ('11)was flaking porcelain around the lid bale mount and I inquired about rusting in the future.  They sent me a new bowl without hassles.  Granted, I did everything via email and included photos with the original mailing.  I think a picture is the better way to start.

Part II of the story --- I opened the box and there was a lid instead of a bowl.  Had to call back and the guy apologized for the mistake and rush-shipped the replacement bowl. 
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:00:30 AM »
Is the porcelain splintering off, leaving tiny glass like shard, that could get stuck in your fingers when you operate the one touch cleaning system (hint). 

By the way, that is some heavy damage, about the worst I have seen.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:38:51 AM »
Ed, alot of the performers from TVWBB used to have this problem. I think it happens at super high heat with alot of charcoal. Since the Performers come with baskets, it seems to happen more frequently with that model. I think the colored kettles are also more susceptible to chipping porcelein as the welded joints always seem to be rustier on them.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 04:57:56 AM »
My green MT also had this damage in the same spot. The owner  told me that a fire had started from the grease build up and spread to the lid while it was off and in the bail. Burning the out side of the bowl.
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »
Well, I finally heard back from them. They are sending me a replacement bowl free of charge. I appreciate that. They wouldn't replace the lid rollers, they said that was because the heat was too high. The problem is they won't sell just the plastic roller, they want to sell me the whole lid bale assembly. I don't need the whole assembly, just three plastic rollers.  ??? Oh well, I'm happy to get the bowl.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 07:57:04 PM »
The replacement bowl showed up today. I appreciate them sending this. And even though I think they should have covered the plastic rollers too, they ponied up for a pricey part, I can't complain.
Thanks Weber.   :D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 08:37:09 PM »
Another happy ending from Weber CS. :)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
What are you gonna do with the old bowl?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 08:56:24 AM »
Not sure yet. I'm certainly not going to make a planter out of it! It might turn into a bowl for a wooden cart project I have on the back burner (way back). I can use it on a grill where the bottom doesn't show.

Do you have any ideas?