Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Score???  (Read 1430 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Score???
« on: March 03, 2017, 03:52:22 AM »
Scored a Brand New Never used (With paperwork but no box) Go Anywhere Propane Marlboro grill.... Circa 1994. (That is  the date on the brochure for  FREE... My Father in law passed back in June of 13.  Rooting thru the garage cabinets I found it under a beach towel.  Right Under that cabinet was a Black 22.5 MBH with a twist on ash pan.  The Lid has an O code with a wooden handle however, I don't think its the right lid. 

Also found a Brand new never used Brinkman H20 smoker.   WITH paperwork and a cover!!!  And an E code Wireleg Smokey Joe.  Slightly used and in need of charcoal and cooking grates.

Couldn't take any pics.  Left the phone on the kitchen table at the new house and did get a chance for any photo ops....  I will for sure take some PICS tonight / tomorrow and get them out there for comment.

Pop was a grill fella afterall....   

More to come!

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:54:04 AM by jeffrackmo »
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Score???
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 05:50:02 AM »
sorry for your loss, he seemed to know what he liked tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 06:27:26 AM »
Sweet finds, Jeff! The Go Anywhere was a promotion from collecting Marlboro Miles. I have a nice Victorinox watch from collecting those.

I'm guessing you are probably right on the 'O' code lid being a mismatch from the MBH.

Does the E code SJ have a single damper on the bowl, or 3 dampers?  I have a C code SJ that has 3 vents on the bowl that are all E code.

Looking forward to seeing some pics!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 10:58:34 AM »
Congrats on your find. Based on the finds, it seems like he was a solid grillfella!

Does the E code SJ have a single damper on the bowl, or 3 dampers?  I have a C code SJ that has 3 vents on the bowl that are all E code.

@Bob BQ Does yours have a small or large lid vent? What handle? I have an E with the integrated ash pan and wire legs.  Definitely a changeover year.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »
Very nice to have these items. Must have been wild to discover them

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »

@Bob BQ Does yours have a small or large lid vent? What handle? I have an E with the integrated ash pan and wire legs.  Definitely a changeover year.

@Neil_VT00 - PM'd you....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:45:00 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:50:35 AM »
The E Code SJ has only one damper on the bowl.  The MBH Handle lid was swapped out with the O code lid.  I have them all matched up now.  The black MBH is quite faded.  I need to work on that one.  The Marlboro GA LP grill will be another wall hanger.  Too pretty to get her all dirty.  :) 

The 26r is in discussion with Mrs. Grill fella.  I did sell the Green OTP and the E-210 gasser.  Just rying to see if I can find a spot for the the 26r.  If you have a buyer for that one, its cool.  The Discussion continues for that one.

Jeff
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...