Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Talk to me about feet kits  (Read 2014 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Talk to me about feet kits
« on: November 12, 2016, 04:05:32 AM »
I had a WSM over the summer and put casters on it, I wasn't exactly happy with it

I am getting another WSM and wanted to try it again, I want to do it right this time.  I like the ability to move it around.

Let's talk.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Talk to me about feet kits
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 06:56:15 AM »
Mine is stationary right now. I am waiting to do a patio at the new house and then decide if I want wheels, cart, or nothing. I would like to see what others have done too. I might build an outdoor kitchen area and build around it with 3 walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 09:40:33 AM »
I had a WSM over the summer and put casters on it, I wasn't exactly happy with it

I am getting another WSM and wanted to try it again, I want to do it right this time.  I like the ability to move it around.

Let's talk.

Can you elaborate what you weren't happy about?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 11:09:00 AM »
I wanted wheels on my WSM but I didn't want to drill holes in the
Feet, if they are not drilled in the exact damp place the grill could lean to one side.
So I cut a circle out of 3/4 plywood and put casters on each 90 degree point.
Then I used a "c"clamp to hold the smoker in place.. works great, if I had to do it again I would have
Used 4" wheels instead of 2" ones. Since I have 2-22's I had to buy 8 casters and the
2" were $4.59 each and the 4" were $7.59.. I wasn't going to spend $60 in casters!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 11:44:09 AM »

Let's talk.

Can you elaborate what you weren't happy about?
Yeah, I didn't do it exactly and the wheels weren't perfectly straight and it seemed to be very top heavy.  Just looking for alternative ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 12:46:08 PM »

[/URL]

I put casters on mine and its level as anything else around my house (not saying much :) ) i do like the tripod as a ATC stand idea. I have two tripods sitting around getting zero use.

My favorite BBQ mods and hacks are the Free ones :)

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Dsorgnzd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 07:21:45 AM »
Harbor Freight Tools sells a furniture dolly for $10.99 that has four 3- inch swivel casters. I don't know how easily they would adapt to the WSM, but at four for $10.99 the price is right.