Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My grilled chicken BLT Club sandwich  (Read 1219 times)

baltimorebayside

• Happy Cooker
My grilled chicken BLT Club sandwich
« on: June 14, 2016, 05:20:30 AM »
MY Grilled Chicken Club BLT sandwich

For the Sandwiches:
2 chicken breasts (depending on how much meat you want on each sandwich) pounded thin
I used skinless boneless thighs
4 thick slices of bread of choice, (I used thick sliced sour dough)
4 slices of Swiss cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked crispy (two slices per sandwich)
2 hardboiled eggs, sliced
1 tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Cucumber ribbons thinly sliced
lettuce leafs
1.   Pound chicken flat inside a Zip-Loc bag evenly, season chicken with spices of choice (I just dashed on a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder).
2.   Grill over medium heat until cooked through and the juices run clear (6-9 minutes per side, may vary depending on size of chicken breasts). Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
3.   Toast all 8 slices of bread and spread a heaping of Kraft Tangy French Catalina w/ Bacon salad dressing on 4 of the slices of bread. While chicken is resting, preheat the broiler in your oven. Place the bottom slices of bread  (Catalina Dressing side up) on a baking sheet.
4.   Place grilled chicken breasts amongst the 4 prepared slices of bread. Top each one with a slice (or two) of Swiss cheese and place under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese (should only take about a minute) and remove and set aside.
5.   Top each with one with 2 slices of bacon, and a few slices of tomato, two cucumber ribbons, sliced eggs and lettuce. On the other 4 slices of toasted bread: add a liberal amount of mayo and red onion and then place the 2 halves together. Slice on a diagonal (you can place a toothpick in each half to hold them together) and serve warm!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:18:57 AM by baltimorebayside »

baltimorebayside

• Happy Cooker
Re: My grilled chicken BLT Club sandwich
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 05:22:33 AM »
I have a picture but haven't figured out how to attach it yet.

dan

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

baltimorebayside

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 10:19:36 PM »
Looks good and hello. Not to take away from the delicious sandwich, but whatcha nippin on in the glass there???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baltimorebayside

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 06:41:31 AM »
Just a few fingers of Canadian Club and ice.
I seem to have a habit of having something like that in the background when taking pictures.
It wasn't planned.....but oh well!

dan