Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tonight's Ribs  (Read 1464 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
Tonight's Ribs
« on: April 10, 2016, 05:02:43 PM »
(First post, hope i did this correctly!)

Hi everyone. New to the forum, heck new to posting on any forum. Been lurking for a while so thought it might be time to go ahead and post. Cooked a combination  of beef and pork ribs today. I cheated a little and rubbed with plain yellow mustard and a Mccormick Memphis pit bbq rub. Did the 3-2-1 method with royal oak and apple wood.

Here they are when I just put them on.

Here they are after foil and some sweet baby rays bbq sauce.

All sauced and plated.

And here is one with the grills, cigar, and whiskey. Any time I can bbq is a good time. Cigar was a CAO Flathead spark plug, and the whiskey was Snake River Stampede, both great in my opinion.

Pics and cook are not as good as most I have seen on here but overall it was a great day with good food and good weather. Thanks for looking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Tonight's Ribs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 05:13:01 PM »
Welcome, and good job. Do you rake the coals with that 7-iron?

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 05:59:01 PM »
Yeah, I will have to try that next time. The club is there because I am fortunate enough to live on a golf  course. I always have my wedge and a bucket of balls out back so I can sneak out and hit some balls while I am cooking.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 04:44:25 AM »
Welcome, looks good from here! Are you a fairly recent charcoal convert, or did the copper replace an old one?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 06:51:53 AM »
I am fairly new to charcoal. I have had the Genesis for about 4 years now and I used to use it at least 3 to 4 times a week. My wife knew how much I loved my Weber and that i was interested in charcoal, so last October she bought me the Kettle for my birthday. Little did she know, she would create a monster. I am constantly reading about everything weber as well as bbq recipes and techniques. I use it at least every weekend and even some week nights when I can. I even find myself daydreaming about my next cook. It has probably gotten out of hand! Oh well, there are far more dangerous things that I could spend my time and money on.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »
Great job fellow copper kettle grill guy!  They look awesome!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 04:41:30 PM »
Yum!