Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Type Grill Cover  (Read 2641 times)

LostArrow

• Smokey Joe
New Type Grill Cover
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:22:23 AM »
My cookers sit outside & I use grill cover to protect from the rain & sun.
In the Mississippi sun 2-3 years is all you get from a cover.
Bought a " Classic Accessories " cover as a Amazon lighting deal for $22. To cover my new to me Genesis .
To my surprise it's made from a thin polyester material just like tent material :o
Looks & fits fine, even has a stuff bag for storage , just hoping it will survive the sun!

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Type Grill Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:32:05 AM »
I'm so disappointed with the available covers and their current costs.  I also was on the search for a new cover for my recently rehabbed Genesis.  I ended up buying a Weber due to my local hardware store having the correct one sitting on the shelf.  I think it cost $50 or so.  Wow, I was disappointed when I opened it up.  Supposedly it has a 3 year warranty, but I can't believe it will last that long.  I'm concerned even installing and removing it as it is so thin that I'm afraid I'm going to get it caught on an edge and tear a hole in it.

I looked at the Classic Accessories line when I was shopping, but ended up giving the Weber a try because I thought the one I bought was the older heavy duty cover style that Weber used to make.  Which model Classic Accessory cover did you buy (Ravenna, Hickory, or Veranda)?  I'd be interested to see some real world pictures of what you bought.
-Keith

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:57:49 AM »
I've used a cover for my patio furniture from Classic Accessories in the winter for years.  It's a heavy canvas material and has held up well.  I liked it enough that I just bought this for a kettle:

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-73422-WB-Charcoal-22-5-Inch/dp/B00NGO55QQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436893001&sr=8-1&keywords=classic+accessories+22+inch

Wanted: Burgundy 18"

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
I've used a cover for my patio furniture from Classic Accessories in the winter for years.  It's a heavy canvas material and has held up well.  I liked it enough that I just bought this for a kettle:

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-73422-WB-Charcoal-22-5-Inch/dp/B00NGO55QQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436893001&sr=8-1&keywords=classic+accessories+22+inch

I have this brand of cover for my PG500 Pellet Grill. Great cover. Much sturdier than the Weber cover I just bought for my SS Performer.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

rmcmann

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 08:37:59 AM »
I agree. The Weber covers are bad. I don't mind paying good money for a good cover, but I don't want to pay good money for a bad cover.  The Weber covers leak and after 2 years, mine  is already starting to crack. I wish i could find one that is heavy duty with vents on the side. Right now the best thing I am using is a tarp. But that does not sit well with the wife.

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 05:32:57 AM »

I wonder if they have something that might fit a SS Performer.  Anybody know what measurements they offer?