Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken kebabs, corn, carrots, peppers  (Read 857 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Chicken kebabs, corn, carrots, peppers
« on: June 04, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »
Two differently pre-seasoned chicken kebabs were picked up. Cooked the rest of the corn from the other day, some of those mini sweet peppers and some carrots languishing in the fridge.

The 26 got about a chimney's worth of coals on one side, corn in the basement, carrots on the grill and peppers in the basket my sister brought over. I didn't really need the basket since the peppers only had ends cut off but it did make flipping them fast.

The chicken had the other machine all to itself for most of the time with 2 char baskets on one end and some "gourmet" smoke chips from an in-state company (sassafras, apple, hickory and maybe another) tossed in.

Things chugged along uneventfully but I did remove the 26er's grate a few times to reposition the corn. This worked OK 2 of the 3 times this task was performed, with assistance, until the 26's lid sent my beer flying.

Hey good thing the unused pan was sitting there I guess.

At the end, corn jumped to the other grill for a "reverse sear" after having been claimed by an assistant they "weren't anywhere near done." <sigh>

Later, in the kitchen, my beer was once again knocked over by the same person who this time got angry about "someone's beer being in the way!" Yes, it was my fault MY beer got knocked over twice by someone else. At that point I stopped helping get things ready and sat down to wait until I was served food. Family!  :o

Carrots dried out in the fridge for a few weeks, I think, and then I made it worse by not zapping them quickly with high heat on the grill, likely. I shouldn't have used them; I've done carrots on the grate like this before and they were simple and fantastic. Not today. OK flavor but dry and chewy. "Oops." Admittedly, it was an impulse decision to include them this afternoon.

Corn was really great but the look of the burned husks and occasional flame ups in the grill scared the bejeezus out of the citizenry used to only boiled corn ... sweet peppers were spot-on, chicken was just right.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Chicken kebabs, corn, carrots, peppers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 12:22:16 AM »
Family!   ;D ;D Good looking chicken!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 04:49:41 AM »
Having a great time in St Lou I see!!  ;)
You should know better .....  8)
Except for the burnt corn and rubbery carrots - looks great!! 
I think you needed more "help"
Say hi to Dad for me!! 

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 11:58:21 AM »
Beer is never "in the way." Show some respect, people!
Growing family = growing kettles!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 03:28:32 PM »
Look great!