Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spring Break Experiment #2 - Cider-Brined Pork Chops with an Apple Jelly Glaze  (Read 1254 times)

HokieBrad

• Happy Cooker
Hadn't cooked this in a long time...BC (Before Charcoal)

Most of this recipe is From Adam Perry Lang...I replaced his rub with a Brown Sugar Bourban rub from McCormicks....(keeping the wife happy happy)

Ingredients
Brine
1 tablespoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons boiling water
2 cups apple cider
2 cups water
1⁄2 cup kosher salt
1⁄2 cup honey
10 garlic cloves, peeled, halved, germ removed, and grated on a Microplane grater

Seasoning Blend
Brown Sugar Bourban Rub from McCormicks

Glaze
1⁄2 cup apple jelly
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1⁄2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and grated

Brined the chops for 4 hours.  Took them out, sprinkled the rub and then sprayed a light coating of olive oil.  Used the pampered chef oil sprayer and filled it with olive oil. 

Got the grill up to 400...cooked the chops for 4 minutes on one side, flipped and cooked on the other side for 4 minutes. Then took them off the heat, glazed and let sit for about 8 minutes, flipped, glazed and another 8 minutes.  I kept them on until the internal temp was a nice 180...Let them sit for a few minutes and then in the words of Peter Brady...We're having Pork Chops and Apple Sauce for dinner!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Sounds amazing, must try that one.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

HokieBrad

• Happy Cooker
I forgot how good they were...I'm gonna have to start cooking more...no leftovers AGAIN

WNC

• WKC Performer
Chops looks good too, seems like you're off to a good spring break!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Those look awesome!