Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Salmon filets  (Read 940 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Salmon filets
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »
Made a maple syrup and sugar glaze (with some other stuff I've already forgotten). Running late with everything, I just spooned it on as they got on the grill. Grilled indirect, fat-side near the heat of a chimney's worth of lump. Skin was left on fish and facing down etc. No turning, fish came off sans skin (ha!) which easily scraped away later.

That's brown rice with kale.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Salmon filets
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
Dang it.....haven't eaten dinner yet.....opening this up was a mistake !!!

That looks GRATE !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Salmon filets
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
Orange marmalade, and zest from a clementine were also in the glaze. Probably squeezed a lime's juice too. Wife did the kale on the stove in a CI pan. Vinegar and something else in that part. That second grill shot is my neighbor doing a "feel" test for firmness/doneness. He's got the touch better than I do.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch