If we have any members in Canada who are willing to be an agent for me, please send me a PM.
Thanks!
;D
Crimson SJ? I want one of those too...
yup me too.. ;D
I looked, Toronto is only about 9 hours from me...if everyone chips in for gas, I'll go, grab a bunch, load up the van, and bring them back.
Definitely on my to-do list when I head to Montreal this summer. $C47.99 isn't too steep.
If anyone figures out how to get them I'm in for one. Keep me updated please.
Where can I get a look at these Crimson SJ's? Could someone post a link please. :)
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/weber-smokey-joe-gold-grill-crimson/862054
I did an online chat last night with someone from that Canada site about buying one and having it shipped to my house (I pay shipping because I knew they wouldn't do a free "ship to store") and they basically said, "No can do".
I'm going to stop by the local HD today and see if i can sweet talk the pretty lady who works at the service desk to work some magic for me. (cough, cough) :-*
I was thinking about going to my Home Depot also,I don't think it'll work but its worth a try.
Somehow this crimson SJ is different to me than the other 'euro' colors. I don't think they offered those euro-colors in Canada.
Also, since they sell the Crimson OTG here in the US, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crimson SJ suddenly show up here as well. Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!
Again, I don't understand Weber's commitment to keeping these products out of the hands of possible US buyers. There are so many kewl colors in other parts of the world, but not us. :-[
Quote from: saxart on April 11, 2014, 11:48:11 AM
Somehow this crimson SJ is different to me than the other 'euro' colors. I don't think they offered those euro-colors in Canada.
Also, since they sell the Crimson OTG here in the US, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crimson SJ suddenly show up here as well. Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!
Again, I don't understand Weber's commitment to keeping these products out of the hands of possible US buyers. There are so many kewl colors in other parts of the world, but not us. :-[
The European market does have its subtle differences than the US. My wife who works in the fashion industry, both in US and Europe, is always telling me how the vendors in Europe won't even buy stuff unless its in some new sleek color. So companies who want the business, make what the customers there demand. I'll bet that Weber has done their market research and realize that a black kettle doesn't sell very well in Europe, so they make them pretty. Sorry Marty...
" Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!"
There's one now!!!!!!
(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/1buckie/599437_10151398838834968_329384364_n.jpg)
Quote from: 1buckie on April 11, 2014, 02:04:13 PM
" Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!"
There's one now!!!!!!
(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd520/1buckie/599437_10151398838834968_329384364_n.jpg)
I have access to a forklift. Send that truck my way and I'll take good care of it. Haha
Quote from: tattooedant on April 11, 2014, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: saxart on April 11, 2014, 11:48:11 AM
Somehow this crimson SJ is different to me than the other 'euro' colors. I don't think they offered those euro-colors in Canada.
Also, since they sell the Crimson OTG here in the US, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crimson SJ suddenly show up here as well. Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!
Again, I don't understand Weber's commitment to keeping these products out of the hands of possible US buyers. There are so many kewl colors in other parts of the world, but not us. :-[
The European market does have its subtle differences than the US. My wife who works in the fashion industry, both in US and Europe, is always telling me how the vendors in Europe won't even by stuff unless its in some new sleek color. So companies who want the business, make what the customers there demand. I'll bet that Weber has done their market research and realize that a black kettle doesn't sell very well in Europe, so they make them. Sorry Marty...
This is true. I dug up the following stats from an old post:
The BBQ market in the UK is unlike that in the US. Women almost account for the majority of grillers: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/barbecue-man-toast-women-grab-2392753 and the average family that own's a bbq is in the 75th percentile of the income distribution: http://www.marketresearchworld.net/content/view/51/
That's quite different that the US.
Quote from: saxart on April 11, 2014, 11:48:11 AM
Somehow this crimson SJ is different to me than the other 'euro' colors. I don't think they offered those euro-colors in Canada.
Also, since they sell the Crimson OTG here in the US, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crimson SJ suddenly show up here as well. Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!
Again, I don't understand Weber's commitment to keeping these products out of the hands of possible US buyers. There are so many kewl colors in other parts of the world, but not us. :-[
It looks the same as the euro one to me.
http://www.wowbbq.co.uk/products/weber-smokey-joe-premium-crimson--1123004.html
There is also the charcoal one.
Ken
Quote from: tattooedant on April 10, 2014, 06:04:32 PMI looked, Toronto is only about 9 hours from me...if everyone chips in for gas, I'll go, grab a bunch, load up the van, and bring them back.
I'd be happy to meet-up with you ... heck I might even buy you lunch ... and maybe a Brador. :o :o :D ;) ;)
Quote from: MacEggs on April 11, 2014, 05:32:24 PM
Quote from: tattooedant on April 10, 2014, 06:04:32 PMI looked, Toronto is only about 9 hours from me...if everyone chips in for gas, I'll go, grab a bunch, load up the van, and bring them back.
I'd be happy to meet-up with you ... heck I might even buy you lunch ... and maybe a Brador. :o :o :D ;) ;)
lol...don't be tempting me. ;D
Quote from: kendoll on April 11, 2014, 02:59:41 PM
Quote from: saxart on April 11, 2014, 11:48:11 AM
Somehow this crimson SJ is different to me than the other 'euro' colors. I don't think they offered those euro-colors in Canada.
Also, since they sell the Crimson OTG here in the US, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Crimson SJ suddenly show up here as well. Heck, for all we know there is a couple of trucks loaded with them headed for an Ace hardware distribution center as we speak!
Again, I don't understand Weber's commitment to keeping these products out of the hands of possible US buyers. There are so many kewl colors in other parts of the world, but not us. :-[
It looks the same as the euro one to me.
http://www.wowbbq.co.uk/products/weber-smokey-joe-premium-crimson--1123004.html
There is also the charcoal one.
Ken
Ken-
Sorry, I didn't explain myself correctly. I'd bet the Crimson SJ is the same in Canada as it is in Europe. What I meant was that Weber is using it differently in that they are not only selling it in Europe, but also in Canada. I haven't heard of them selling the Euro colors in Canada. Maybe this means the crimson will head to the US also?
I'm grasping at straws I know, but a guy can always hope! ???
I did some investigating.
This happened to be in the most recent flyer. Bottom left.
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3134.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3134.jpg.html)
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3133.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3133.jpg.html)
I went to the local HD just down the road from me.
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3135.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3135.jpg.html)
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3136.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3136.jpg.html)
The picture on the box does not have the euro-style handle.
Nothing was on display, so I could not confirm. I didn't want to bust open a box.
At $47.99 + 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax), the total would be = $54.23 Cdn$.
I will be brutally honest. It is quite pricey to ship anything in Canada, or from Canada.
I have 2 Ulime SJs ... both have not been used. One is assembled, and one is NIB.
I looked into possibly shipping the NIB to the US, and I believe it was over $200! :o >:(
An option for stateside residents would be to look into going to a border town or city.
In southern Michigan, there is Windsor, as well as Sarnia, Ontario.
In the north of Michigan, there is Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.
For the Minnesota area, I think Thunder Bay, Ontario would be the closest.
For western New York, there is Niagara Falls, and St. Catharines, Ontario.
For upstate New York, there would be Kingston, or Brockville, or Cornwall, Ontario.
so close, yet so far...gas for me round trip would still be less than $200, not sure if tolls would kill me. Might have to talk the wife into a family trip over the border..
Thanks for the research!
Mark thxs for the leg work...$200 and the wife would kill me. I'll wait!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was no problem, guys. Everything is rather close.
I was hoping to make it to a meet-up this year ... particularly the one at Marty's. However, it's a no-go. :-\ Some other time.
I needed to know if this had the euro handles as advertised ... So I went and bought one to bring home. It does not.
For some of you, that may be disappointing. For me ... I can do without them. ??? :-X
I got thinking. I could investigate to find a more reasonable and less expensive method for shipping to the USA.
If anyone is interested, please PM me your zip code, and I can see what rate would be the best.
The colour is definitely what the traditional red turns when it gets hot. Kinda cool ... I might keep it. :)
However, I did not assemble it ... later.
These things are not flying off the shelf. There were 4 there when I looked Saturday, and there were 4 there today .. now 3. ;) ;)
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3137.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3137.jpg.html)
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3139.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3139.jpg.html)
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3141.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3141.jpg.html)
(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_3140.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_3140.jpg.html)
Nice. Add me to the list!
Thanks Mac !
I like the welded handles.
The inscription on the vent leads one to think that these are made offshore.
Does the box say where it's made ?
Quote from: DirectDrive on April 23, 2014, 10:25:33 AMDoes the box say where it's made ?
Within the big copyright 2012 paragraph ... "
Made in the USA, incorporating globally sourced component parts."
Darn, I was just up in Montreal last September on a business trip and there was a HD just 2 blocks from our office too.
Quick photo for those interested...
(http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/landgraftj/photo1.jpg) (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/landgraftj/media/photo1.jpg.html)
Nice!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crooked date stamp and everything. Nice score.