Did a couple of easy cooks this weekend. I had hopes of cooking a chuck roast low and slow with a braised finish, but it was just too windy and we had a lot of errands and family stuff to do. We did cod filets and sea scallops on a soapstone and brats with sauerkraut. Oh, also Kellee got the garden planted. Peppers and tomatoes in our future which makes us happy..... Enjoyed a nice sunset with Beaux last night as well......
Cheers!
Good looking cook. We did a ham with bacon wrapped asparagus and hasselback potatoes on the kettle Saturday evening. No photos but good eats. Leftover ham for sandwiches and the bone for ham and beans.
Quote from: ASpitzer on April 21, 2025, 08:00:30 AMGood looking cook. We did a ham with bacon wrapped asparagus and hasselback potatoes on the kettle Saturday evening. No photos but good eats. Leftover ham for sandwiches and the bone for ham and beans.
That sounds really good Anthony. It's been ages since we did hasselback potatoes. I remember buying a special cutter to make them. Gotta dig that out! Enjoy your leftovers sir.
Cheers
Grate looking cooks
Those look great, as always.
I hear you about the wind - I had planned to smoke some turkey breast for sandwich meat, but it
was just too windy here also.
Kellee was industrious! Peppers and tomatoes - yum, some good tacos etc in your future. :D
Quote from: ASpitzer on April 21, 2025, 08:00:30 AMGood looking cook. We did a ham with bacon wrapped asparagus and hasselback potatoes on the kettle Saturday evening. No photos but good eats. Leftover ham for sandwiches and the bone for ham and beans.
This sounds really good too! Love all the extra meals you can get out of a good ham.
Quote from: OkieGirl on April 22, 2025, 06:02:16 AMThose look great, as always.
I hear you about the wind - I had planned to smoke some turkey breast for sandwich meat, but it
was just too windy here also.
Kellee was industrious! Peppers and tomatoes - yum, some good tacos etc in your future. :D
Thanks Brenda, seems I watch the weather for cooking conditions more that just about anything else lol... Ooh tacos sound good......