Weber Kettle Club Forums

Weber Kettle Community => Off Topic => Topic started by: bamakettles on August 14, 2022, 01:47:11 PM

Title: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 14, 2022, 01:47:11 PM
Miss grilling for the past week or so, no time for charcoal, and now no place for any prep.  Refinishing the kitchen cabinets, new floors, quartz countertops and tile backsplash.  I'm going to be busy for some time with this.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 14, 2022, 02:33:18 PM
More doors and drawer facings....


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: RRRanger99 on August 14, 2022, 04:35:53 PM
Zav handles on the drawer faces and cabinet doors?
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 14, 2022, 04:38:38 PM

Quote from: RRRanger99 on August 14, 2022, 04:35:53 PM
Zav handles on the drawer faces and cabinet doors?
Now that's an idea!  Nope, can't afford them.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: michaelmilitello on August 15, 2022, 06:53:13 AM
Looking good, Greg!  Sweat equity as my dad says!

We renovated our kitchen in 2019, and  it took about 6 weeks to complete.   Darn glad I had grills to feed the family.  We were without a working kitchen for 4 of 6 weeks. 

I do have to laugh at myself.  We spent $$ renovate only to cook outdoors 5 or more days a week, especially when the weather is good.   Kinda ironic. 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 15, 2022, 07:21:23 AM

Quote from: michaelmilitello on August 15, 2022, 06:53:13 AM
Looking good, Greg!  Sweat equity as my dad says!

We renovated our kitchen in 2019, and  it took about 6 weeks to complete.   Darn glad I had grills to feed the family.  We were without a working kitchen for 4 of 6 weeks. 

I do have to laugh at myself.  We spent $$ renovate only to cook outdoors 5 or more days a week, especially when the weather is good.   Kinda ironic. 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Michael.... I'm looking toward the light at the end of the tunnel for sure.

I'm finding the lack of prep space to be the largest hassle.  Microwave is set up on our kitchen table and who knows where everything is.  Coffee service is set up in our bedroom and makeshift dish washing in the hall bathroom.

Can't wait to be finished and back on a kettle....


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: michaelmilitello on August 15, 2022, 08:14:52 AM
We resorted to paper plates and plastic silverware for all meals.  We kept pot and pan use to a minimum using the utilatub in the garage to wash dishes.  Our kitchen table was in the living room.   Such a pain but worth it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 15, 2022, 08:56:20 AM
Awesome ideas, thanks!  Definitely going with plastic silverware and paper plates.
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 21, 2022, 04:29:46 PM
Progress photo.... Painting done, old countertops back in until the new ones go in.  Floors going in tomorrow, backsplash after that.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: JEBIV on August 22, 2022, 02:06:46 AM
looking good !
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: 502BBQ on August 22, 2022, 03:36:15 AM
Very nice!
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: Mr.CPHo on August 22, 2022, 07:51:54 AM
Wow, looking good!  I see that WKC calendar!
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 22, 2022, 02:34:19 PM
Thanks guys.  Flooring is complete!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: OkieGirl on August 22, 2022, 05:48:10 PM
That's looking beautiful! Guess you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  But I actually like your old countertops. 😀
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 23, 2022, 03:25:53 AM

Quote from: OkieGirl on August 22, 2022, 05:48:10 PM
That's looking beautiful! Guess you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  But I actually like your old countertops.
Thank you!  These countertops have served us well and I still like them too.  We're wanting an under mount sink and something with a little more of a stone feel so we're going with quartz.  I bought these on clearance for around $50 about 15 years ago and they are pretty beat up when you look closely at them.  I think I got my money's worth.


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: 502BBQ on August 23, 2022, 07:08:23 PM
Looking great!
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: MoparProud on August 24, 2022, 11:10:55 AM
Oh boy! Progress looks good though. We just bought a house and I hate the kitchen, almost didn't buy because of it.

I can feel your pain and haven't started yet haha


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on August 24, 2022, 01:38:37 PM
Thanks guys, we're pretty happy with it so far.  Looking forward to being done.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on September 08, 2022, 07:11:04 AM
Quartz countertops in.  Tonight I get to do the plumbing and install the dishwasher.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: JEBIV on September 08, 2022, 09:27:05 AM
Those made a really nice impact on the kitchen !!
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on September 08, 2022, 11:19:41 AM
Quote from: JEBIV on September 08, 2022, 09:27:05 AM
Those made a really nice impact on the kitchen !!
Thanks Joe, we're very pleased with them.  Got a disposal for the sink at Costco today - $20  off from last time we were there, so glad I waited.  Pained me to grab it and go without scouting the meat counter.  Probably the first time I've been in there and not checked out the selections.
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on September 08, 2022, 08:55:18 PM
Dishwasher leveled and connected, disposal in place and kitchen is open for business.  Backsplash to go and we're DONE.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: OkieGirl on September 09, 2022, 03:05:24 AM
Looks beautiful!
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on September 09, 2022, 03:43:55 AM

Quote from: OkieGirl on September 09, 2022, 03:05:24 AM
Looks beautiful!
Thanks!  Up till midnight last night getting the dishwasher and sink connections done, but we're now leak free.  Up at 6am putting the cabinet doors back on.  Had my buddy up with me.


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on September 30, 2022, 02:17:52 PM
And finished!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: OkieGirl on September 30, 2022, 07:31:48 PM
Yay!! It's beautiful!

I know y'all are happy to have it finished, and thrilled with the results!

Congratulations. :D
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: JEBIV on October 01, 2022, 03:13:58 AM
Looks amazing !! grate work you 2
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on October 01, 2022, 04:47:32 AM
Thanks y'all!  Huge sigh of relief to be finished.  Now, on with the bbq!


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: AZ2FL on October 01, 2022, 06:21:43 PM
Nice work on your kitchen remodel!
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: Easy on January 11, 2023, 11:00:12 AM
nice project how old is your house? those colors will make the kitchen brighter for sure
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on January 11, 2023, 01:32:31 PM

Quote from: Easy on January 11, 2023, 11:00:12 AM
nice project how old is your house? those colors will make the kitchen brighter for sure
Thanks!  House was built in 1986.... We're really enjoying the new kitchen and cook most every evening.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bgilbert44 on February 12, 2023, 07:49:58 PM
The new kitchen looks great! I especially love the sink and how it's set into the countertop - that looks really clean. Well done!
Title: Re: Kitchen Renovation
Post by: bamakettles on February 14, 2023, 07:02:20 AM

Quote from: bgilbert44 on February 12, 2023, 07:49:58 PM
The new kitchen looks great! I especially love the sink and how it's set into the countertop - that looks really clean. Well done!
Thanks so much!  I like the large sink as well.  Much easier to get large pans and cooking grates in there.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)