Weber Kettle Club Forums

Weber Kettle Community => Meetups & Events => Topic started by: LightningBoldtz on September 19, 2021, 04:58:56 AM

Title: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: LightningBoldtz on September 19, 2021, 04:58:56 AM
So 2022 has many aspects to make it significant

10 years since the WKC started
10th Annual meetup - yes 2020 was cancelled but we will keep up the numbering here.  :)
2022 is also 70 years since the Weber kettle was invented by George Stephen.

We are hoping to make this a huge event so we have already set the date the date is Aug 13th in Elgin Ill.

To help offset some of the costs we will be either raffling, or ebaying a 10th anniversary Homer Simpson kettle.  I will need to figure out the details on this as to how we can do it but that is in the works.  It is used not new but I am in possession of it and will be cleaning it and getting it ready to present over the next few months.
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: brewtownbeatdown on September 19, 2021, 05:10:42 AM
Thanks for the update Jeff...can't wait!!! 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: michaelmilitello on September 19, 2021, 07:19:35 AM
My calendar is marked!   (https://media2.giphy.com/media/TinVZMHa7yP1m/giphy.gif)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: JEBIV on September 20, 2021, 03:24:06 AM
@jebivswife is already looking for somewhere nice to stay! We are doing a raffle at the SE meetup to help out the clubs 10th as well NIB target copper !!
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: Shoestringshop on September 27, 2021, 09:00:01 PM
My Wife and I are locked and ready... my son may make it with his girlfriend also. I'll have him grilling along with me.


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: bgilbert44 on October 13, 2021, 05:02:24 PM
I doubt I can make it sadly, but I would absolutely love to come!
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: LightningBoldtz on February 18, 2022, 05:21:27 AM
I wanted to get this information out ASAP, there has been a snag in the plan to do this during the summer months.  I hope this announcement doesn't ruin things for people but the Aug 13th date is off and we are penciling in a Fall meetup Oct 15th.   Not in stone but 95% this is going to be the date.

@JEBIV and @jebivswife  hope you can still make it up.
@brewtownbeatdown
and others.
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: JEBIV on February 18, 2022, 05:26:37 AM
ouch ! I am sure we will be there, do I need to buy snow tires ?
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: LightningBoldtz on February 18, 2022, 05:33:23 AM
Quote from: JEBIV on February 18, 2022, 05:26:37 AM
ouch ! I am sure we will be there, do I need to buy snow tires ?

No snow in Oct in Chicago.  Again, we are very sorry about this for anyone who will now not be able to make it up.  Just some situations that were unavoidable.
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: brewtownbeatdown on February 18, 2022, 07:39:22 AM
That's the last weekend at the campground, but I'll definitely work in a WKC excursion if the date stays. Just won't be able to hang as long as normal, or bring many kettles. 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: michaelmilitello on February 18, 2022, 12:34:10 PM
I prefer mid October to August weather any day!   That's fall break time off for me.   


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Information about the Chicago meetup 2022 the 10th
Post by: bamakettles on February 18, 2022, 01:17:13 PM
We'll be at the beach week before that for our yearly anniversary trip (2nd - 9th).  No way to swing this the week after with my on call duties at work.  I'll enjoy seeing the pictures......