Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Pizza Forum => Topic started by: TXFlyGuy on May 21, 2021, 06:05:16 AM

Title: Pizza Kettle?
Post by: TXFlyGuy on May 21, 2021, 06:05:16 AM
It is not needed! Save your money!

See this post...

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=39332.msg392136#msg392136
Title: Pizza Kettle?
Post by: bamakettles on May 21, 2021, 06:21:54 AM
Yeah, but they're fun!  My money was spent on this in 2019 and I've enjoyed it.....
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle?
Post by: TXFlyGuy on May 21, 2021, 06:46:19 AM
I'm sure they are fun. In my case, awesome pizza is made without any high dollar attachments. I would rather spend the money on other things that get used daily...stainless baskets, for one. Just got a SS Upper-Deck warmer. Hope to try it out soon.
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle?
Post by: bamakettles on May 21, 2021, 06:51:30 AM
Understood......mine was a birthday present from my sweetheart, included the upper SS plate and the tombstone shaped stone so I can easily toss in chunks of wood.  The kids love to have pizza night when they come over - did that for my oldest son's birthday last year.
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle?
Post by: TXFlyGuy on May 21, 2021, 07:22:57 AM
That item got great reviews on America's Test Kitchen. I normally bake pizzas in our gasser, a BBQ Galore Grand Turbo. It will easily hit 750+ degrees!
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle?
Post by: bamakettles on May 21, 2021, 07:35:16 AM
Nice!  I've never done a pizza in a gasser.... Oh and I would never use the kettle pizza setup on a vintage kettle.  In fact I don't bank coals on them either, only use baskets or at least don't let the coals touch the sides.  Here are the war wounds on my LE...


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle?
Post by: TXFlyGuy on May 21, 2021, 12:42:17 PM
I agree...as my '79 Cooker shows a few signs of high temp damage. Very minor, however. Spent decades doing the banked-coal-thing. No more!