How are you?
Building a mini wsm today, so doing well.
So the next question. How are the rest of you this fine Saturday afternoon...?
Restoring a Blue SS, so doing quite well. Hopefully my SS doesn't take anywhere near as long as my mini did. lol
Edit to add thread - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/finally-built-my-miniwsm/
I was on the last coat of paint and the wind came in and even though I know better I rushed the last section and got a drip that I tried to fix and now I have a whole section that looks like shit. Maybe someday I will sand that section down and touch it up but for now... Screw it. I want to cook on it.
=
We are waiting on the storms to pass then head to the camper to fire up the grills for some chow , im sick of rain got 3" last night and prob 2" today !
It'll be all good once you bake the paint
Picked up 2 kettles, an 80's cover and an 80's kettle handbook from my Sydney agent today AKA JoCool
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/16/yqy8ure6.jpg)
Vasconia pot. I'm gonna sand and repaint eventually.
Looks great, where did you get the pot from??
Quote from: Hogsy on June 15, 2013, 01:32:22 PM
Looks great, where did you get the pot from??
Probably AJ............ 8)
Amazon for the vasconia
Quote from: 1buckie on June 15, 2013, 02:15:53 PM
Quote from: Hogsy on June 15, 2013, 01:32:22 PM
Looks great, where did you get the pot from??
Probably AJ............ 8)
Ha........
does that come with a hammock? ;) ;)
Quote from: edhead35 on June 15, 2013, 10:23:11 AM
How are you?
Building a mini wsm today, so doing well.
So the next question. How are the rest of you this fine Saturday afternoon...?
The mini is awesome - one of my favorite Webers.
We were at the WKC meet at Jeff's house in WeGo and it was awesome!
I'm tired from picking up five new Webers, and some scrap metal...at the Chicago meet up, and now I'm watching the Hawks in the Stanley Cup....
Get yourself a hammock... 8)
I have too much to do, I can't lay around all day.....
Thats OK, I can handle that.. And I'm not gonna indulge your "Scrap Metal" comment... 8)
Too late you already did....
I know, but if anything happens to that grill, you'll hurt someones feelings..
You can't do that.. 8)
Quote from: Chad A on June 15, 2013, 10:50:00 AM
Working on minis too. Just painted one for Greg, stripping the paint off of another, and prepping a third for paint.
Here's Greg's, just did the clear coat.
(http://www.chadea.com/chadea/June13/WKCmini.jpg)
Completed this one two weeks ago for another friend.
(http://www.chadea.com/chadea/June13/TwinsMini.jpg)
And one for me of course.
(http://www.chadea.com/chadea/June13/copperMini.jpg)
Those are impressive. That doesn't look like an easy paint job.
Hey Chad, have you noticed how much heavier those legs on your WKC mini are? Those won't ever bend.
This guy has three, but he's a little difficult to deal with and will not ship. I am going to be out there in a few weeks and might grab them if they are still there. He's been trying to sell them for months. ::)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/hsh/3859969618.html
'
'
Not easy, but those are coming out really nice.....great work & attention to detail !!!!
Those are nice! mine is very plain.
(http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s368/1911Ron/MiniWSM.jpg)
Quote from: Chad A on June 15, 2013, 09:23:10 PM
No, it was not an easy paint job. The stenciling was a real pain,
Amen brother! It was fun and I'm glad I did mine the way I did - but I'm also glad it's over...
.
(http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/baeseman1/A0BEC8B0-4A15-4123-8755-EE590FEF057F-5980-0000028C0CD97014.jpg)
'
'
I put the WEBER & outline decals of first. Then primed the entire pot. After the primer dried, I sprayed the pot red with one coat, but that really wasn't necessary. I shot about 3 more coats of red where the grill decal was going to go for solid coverage. That's when the 7 day drying period came into play. It just sat while I was itching to get it done. lol After the week of drying, I installed the grill decal and shot the pot with 2 coats of gloss black. After that dried for an hours or so, and knowing my luck pulling decals, I went around each decal with the Xacto knife to ensure clean removal.
At this point, I followed the directions and did the heat-cure process. If I had to do it again, I'd add about 2 coats of clear before the heat-curing step. Because of the coats that I applied, there's a pretty good ridge between the bare pot (WEBER) and the black. The clear would help fill-in/smooth those ridges.
Bman, thanks for the pointers. Getting ready to do mine soon.