Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Mr.CPHo on March 12, 2019, 07:36:50 PM

Title: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Mr.CPHo on March 12, 2019, 07:36:50 PM
About a year ago, @Jon Tofte entrusted to me the restoration of a Woodard Orleans.  Relay/RRR Roadtrip http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=36383

I dropped off the Orleans at my local powdercoating company and picked a neutral gray color from Woodard's color wheel.  My thought on picking this color was it would compliment the many different colored MBHs.  I can't find that thread now, but thank you to whomever posted that Woodard color palette.

While the cart was getting repaired and repainted, I decided to move the original bowl and lid on to another member who also scored an Orleans that didn't come with an original bowl.  In its place, I used a plum OTP bowl and lid that I got from @DrewZ a couple years ago.  I had been holding onto this beautiful kettle for a special occasion, and I felt the Orleans cart would be a perfect match. 

While I waited for the cart to return, I had time to add a few fun items, like a CnT ring and really hard to find 18" roti setup from @Ramsfan, who threw in a super sweet wienie wheel too!  Also added in SS sweeps, courtesy of Weber CS.  That's right, they still have 18" SS sweeps in stock! 

Once I had the cart and the kettle, the final piece of the puzzle was a cutting board.  A very timely post by @SmokeVide provided my solution, a WKC-sourced custom cutting board.  And guys, let me tell you, the walnut board SmokeVide made is just simply beautiful.  I sent him pictures of my project and his craftsmanship and creativity took over... check out the custom WKC work on the ends!

Completing this project has been a lot of fun.  Thank you very much to each WKC member who contributed.  I can't wait to spin a few cooks on my restomodded Orleans.

Thanks for looking. 


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: SmokeVide on March 12, 2019, 07:49:39 PM
That is a true Rescue-Restore-Respect! Glad I could play a small part, and glad you're happy with it. It really turned out nice. Your choice on all-walnut was a good call -- it's really a good match.

Glad I could help. The items you sent were totally not necessary, but greatly appreciated.

Enjoy her -- she's a real beauty!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: RRRanger99 on March 12, 2019, 07:52:15 PM
Gorgeous! Grate teamwork guys!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Dc_smoke309 on March 12, 2019, 08:05:07 PM
That is awesome! Nice woek


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Firemunkee on March 12, 2019, 08:41:31 PM
That is amazing!!! This needs to be in the 2020 calendar!

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: RottiGuy on March 12, 2019, 11:01:55 PM
Wow amazing job!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: DrewZ on March 13, 2019, 02:29:01 AM
Nice RRRestomod!  Glad to see the plum resurface in a glorious new setting.  Pieces of this plum are now alive in four different places--the cart went off to Rich in St. Louis; I used the ash bucket on my midget (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/my-18-5-midgettravelertuckncarry/msg370226/#msg370226); and I used the lid bale to make a faux Master Touch (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/grimace-jr-plum-18-5-master-touch/msg404711/#msg404711) out of . . . a plum 18.

Below is a pic of the night I rescued it from Brooklyn.

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9xrWv5T6SlJ31lUsy1nhHy0nnQy1a2gR5Kqs44sKfDuGHAy-g1KBLdhF3W6Q768eyx-bXtrQK7whgZ5b7CGBDQEqZigbmN4qn0v0YwEqnLs9jqd0u8Vy8xKcTfYlEjz6kAcqgyIybQ=w800)
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: JEBIV on March 13, 2019, 05:34:24 AM
Not surprised at this beauty, grate job guys
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: CatskillSmoker on March 13, 2019, 06:11:33 AM
This is some serious RRR. Grate job Charlie. Love the cutting board. Grilling hat off to you brother.
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: PotsieWeber on March 13, 2019, 06:38:21 AM
Nice work.  She is plum beautiful.
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: crowderjd on March 13, 2019, 07:29:17 AM
That's beautiful!  Well done!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: hawgheaven on March 13, 2019, 08:13:55 AM
Dammit man, that's gorgeous!!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: LiquidOcelot on March 13, 2019, 08:20:02 AM
That plum looks like it was meant to be in that cart. Great work!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Darko on March 13, 2019, 11:16:18 AM
Nice work Charlie! It looks great.
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Neil_VT00 on March 13, 2019, 12:01:27 PM
Wow Charlie, that looks incredible.  I love the choice of Black Walnut!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: solidgoldstein on March 13, 2019, 12:12:47 PM
Super cool, great job everyone!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: greenweb on March 13, 2019, 03:08:15 PM
Nicely done! Love it!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: ABROB on March 13, 2019, 04:00:21 PM
Very nice - love the way it turned out.
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Rub on March 13, 2019, 04:48:54 PM
That's gorgeous Charlie! The colors are perfect. Nailed it!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: noreaster on March 13, 2019, 05:08:10 PM
That is really a great collaboration and transformation. Congrats to all who participated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Mike in Roseville on March 13, 2019, 05:42:39 PM
It's been a long time coming! Great job on this one Charlie!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: 1spacemanspiff on March 13, 2019, 07:30:19 PM
Well done, it looks awesome!
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Erictag on March 13, 2019, 07:42:22 PM
Beautiful- love seeing the transformation!!


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: Teddy Todd on March 15, 2019, 07:18:31 AM
Turned out great! Love the colors.


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: RRRestomodded Orleans
Post by: relayer61 on March 20, 2019, 05:49:35 PM
My newest favorite grill.  Beautiful job!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)