Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain => Topic started by: mdb240 on January 29, 2018, 03:53:06 PM

Title: Anyone have an extra Charcoal ring?
Post by: mdb240 on January 29, 2018, 03:53:06 PM
Just picked up a used 18 inch WSM thanks to @CatskillSmoker .  Apparently it didn't come with the charcoal ring. They are 35 from Weber or 41 from Cajun bandit. Anyone have an extra one laying around?
Title: Re: Anyone have an extra Charcoal ring?
Post by: Bob BQ on January 29, 2018, 04:17:12 PM
I don't have an extra....

Another option you may want to consider: for about $20 at HD or Lowe's, you could get some expanded SS and make one.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Anyone have an extra Charcoal ring?
Post by: Mike in Roseville on January 29, 2018, 09:06:49 PM
Quote from: Bob BQ on January 29, 2018, 04:17:12 PM
I don't have an extra....

Another option you may want to consider: for about $20 at HD or Lowe's, you could get some expanded SS and make one.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)

You could use any steel mesh (that isn't plated or galvanized). Cut it to roughly the same dimensions as a charcoal ring. Bend it into a circle, tack weld it or use a heavy gauge wire and paint it with BBQ black. Done!

Really though, I highly suggest the CB stuff. The SS door/latch is great and I have them on both of my 18WSM's. You can get the door and ring in a combo kit for the 18WSM. Its $86 and money well spent. CB also ships for free too.
Title: Re: Anyone have an extra Charcoal ring?
Post by: LightningBoldtz on January 30, 2018, 02:40:50 AM
what Mike in Roseville said do that
Title: Anyone have an extra Charcoal ring?
Post by: HoosierKettle on January 30, 2018, 03:31:31 AM
Those are both great suggestions from bob bq and mike. Pick one and get cookin!

I have the original ring so I can't comment on that but I'm a huge fan of the Cajun bandit door and latch


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Anyone have an extra Charcoal ring?
Post by: mdb240 on January 30, 2018, 04:24:34 PM
Thanks everyone. It is actually for my brother and I currently have a 22 that I bought used with the CB door/latch/ring combo. I do however hibernate in the winter so no cooking for me.