Hi friends,
who can tell me since when WEBER introduced the first reinforced nylon handles.
I saw a Mastertouch (EE coded, 1999) with plastic handles. I also know a Mastertouch from 99 with wooden handles.
Was 1999 the year of the change ? :-)
2000
http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/
I also had a '98 Red Mist SSP and it had plastic handles. No logo, just the plastic with the horizontal lines in it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx man.
I know the page but I missed that handle point somehow!
So answer seems to be 2000.
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
I don't think that's right.
I have a 95, 96, & a 98 and they all have the light plastic handles with the lines
Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)
Performers always have had plastic
Here's an old post from
@Craig that I refer to frequently:
Quote from: Craig on March 24, 2014, 06:10:48 PM
Wood Handles two rivet version 1964/65-1981
Weber logo added to the wood handles in the mid 1970s.
Wood Handles single screw 1981-1999.
White plastic flat top handles with grooves on top used on Performer kettles from 1990-1999.
White plastic flat top handles (Weber logo) used on OTS kettles from 2000-2011.
White "humpback" plastic handles on OTG kettles from 2000-2011. Used on Performer kettles from 2004-2009. 26.75" OTG 2008-2009.
Dark Grey current handles. Performer and 26.75 kettles 2010-present. OTS and OTG kettles 2012-present.
Tool hooks added to bowl handles for 2013 on 22.5/26.75 OTG kettles.
So my 95 master touch didn't come with these white with grooves handles originally?
Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)
Quote from: GrillGuyMosier on January 29, 2018, 07:32:06 AM
So my 95 master touch didn't come with these white with grooves handles originally?
Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)
There is some overlap depending on the model.
Wood Handles single screw 1981-1999.
White plastic flat top handles with grooves on top used on Performer kettles from 1990-1999.
My old RK ('97) had nylon handles (white with grooves like you describe). Conversely, a few of my old late 90's kettles (over the years) all had wood.
Quote from: GrillGuyMosier on January 29, 2018, 07:32:06 AM
So my 95 master touch didn't come with these white with grooves handles originally?
Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)
If the early Performers had plastic handles, it would make sense that the 1st Gen Master Touches did too -- it's essentially the same hookless, high-handled lid.