Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Mods, Tables and Customs => Topic started by: mfridman on September 03, 2017, 05:45:36 PM

Title: Pizza Kettle (mild mod)
Post by: mfridman on September 03, 2017, 05:45:36 PM
I got a 22" Original on clearance, and did some modest mods to it to make it a dedicated pizza maker / spare grill. I added 8" steel lawnmower wheels (1/2" hub, offset, and 3/8"x1/2" spacers).  I levelled it by raising the front leg, using a piece of 3/4" EMT conduit, which has the right OD to fit perfectly inside the leg.  A pop rivet holds it in place.  I added a second top vent to get the high temp airflow for pizza.  A second vent seems to be enough to burn wood with flames.

To do: lid thermometer, lid bale, and eventually, a double wall lid.


[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle (mild mod)
Post by: mhiszem on September 03, 2017, 06:38:13 PM
Nice mods!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Pizza Kettle (mild mod)
Post by: HoosierKettle on September 03, 2017, 08:11:15 PM
Nice. I like the wheels.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle (mild mod)
Post by: mfridman on September 12, 2017, 04:26:01 PM
Update, added lid bale, aluminum rollers, lid thermometer, and magnets to hold bucket.


[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle (mild mod)
Post by: mhiszem on September 12, 2017, 04:48:20 PM
Wow! Have you used it yet to see how hot it will get or how well it cooks?


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Pizza Kettle (mild mod)
Post by: mfridman on September 12, 2017, 05:28:24 PM
Yes, I used it once.  It will run as hot as you want, you just need lots of fuel and to prop up the lid.  If you put wood chunks in it, 800-900F is possible.  I had it running at about 600 wide open using two chimneys of charcoal.

Quote from: mhiszem on September 12, 2017, 04:48:20 PM
Wow! Have you used it yet to see how hot it will get or how well it cooks?


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)