Weber Kettle Club Forums

Weber Kettle Community => Meetups & Events => Topic started by: Bob BQ on July 23, 2017, 08:46:27 PM

Title: Barbecue documentary
Post by: Bob BQ on July 23, 2017, 08:46:27 PM
https://www.eater.com/2017/7/19/15992662/barbecue-documentary-trailer-netflix-streaming


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: james1787 on July 24, 2017, 03:52:56 AM
Looks good! I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for sharing this  8)
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: mhiszem on July 24, 2017, 04:23:30 AM
Definitely have to check that out.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: db3694 on July 24, 2017, 04:29:23 PM
I will be looking out for it as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: Mr.CPHo on August 20, 2017, 03:54:00 PM
This documentary is available on Netflix now.

I was kinda bummed out this weekend because I wanted to fire up the Fleetwood for the first time, but alas, I fell ill and was quarantined to the couch.  (I even tried to sneak out to put a brisket on early this morning, but the wife was not having it).  So I grumbled and pouted and, in general, had a pretty bad disposition until I started watching this.  Highly recommend. 


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on September 24, 2017, 07:28:43 AM
Watched it. Interesting that much of the rest of the world follows a simple method of small cuts of skewered meat over open (and uncovered) flame.

Purists will want to be aware beforehand that "barbecue" is used as shorthand for "outdoor grilling" here.
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: crowderjd on September 24, 2017, 04:57:57 PM
I really enjoyed it!  I did learn that if I'm ever invited to a true Mongolian barbecue, I will politely decline...marmot...it's what's for dinner.
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: LiquidOcelot on September 24, 2017, 07:19:27 PM
Quote from: crowderjd on September 24, 2017, 04:57:57 PM
I really enjoyed it!  I did learn that if I'm ever invited to a true Mongolian barbecue, I will politely decline...marmot...it's what's for dinner.
Lol I was like what are they doing?.... oh hammer to the head, pull out the insides and, oh wow hot rocks. Defiantly not your grandpa's style of bbq
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on September 25, 2017, 02:17:11 PM
Quote from: LiquidOcelot on September 24, 2017, 07:19:27 PM
Quote from: crowderjd on September 24, 2017, 04:57:57 PM
I really enjoyed it!  I did learn that if I'm ever invited to a true Mongolian barbecue, I will politely decline...marmot...it's what's for dinner.
Lol I was like what are they doing?.... oh hammer to the head, pull out the insides and, oh wow hot rocks. Defiantly not your grandpa's style of bbq

All the pesky issues of adjusting vents, cleaning grates and so on, disappear!
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: Hood33 on November 21, 2017, 06:12:57 AM
Yep, when he started blowing air into that thing, all I could think was:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Barbecue documentary
Post by: Jon on November 21, 2017, 10:49:12 PM
Quote from: addicted-to-smoke on September 24, 2017, 07:28:43 AM
Watched it. Interesting that much of the rest of the world follows a simple method of small cuts of skewered meat over open (and uncovered) flame.

Purists will want to be aware beforehand that "barbecue" is used as shorthand for "outdoor grilling" here.

Of course, "Purists" are dumbasses.