Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: vwengguy on April 24, 2017, 08:48:44 AM

Title: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: vwengguy on April 24, 2017, 08:48:44 AM
Hello everyone,

I wanted to post some photos of my Jumbo Joe Premium GBS grill.

With a little luck.... I think I now have the worlds first GBS Jumbo Joe made with Weber Parts.

This Grilling Monster is 100% Weber and is the brain child of a mad griller.... ME !

Please let me know what everyone thinks about it.


For starters you have to add a Premium air vent handle and replace all the hardware with SS parts.


Then you need a 18" Weber GBS grate.


With a GBS Sear Grate your ready to start cooking on the JJ.


Also used a New Weber Rapid Fire charcoal grate.
The idea behind this is that you put the lighter cubes in the V and light them
and then put charcoal on top of it... I use my Weber Chimney.

Again... Please let me know what you think about it.

Matt

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: dazzo on April 24, 2017, 09:08:47 AM
Very Nice!

Where did you get the grates?

Do you have part numbers?

Sent from my Rotary Phone via 14.4kb/s

Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: vwengguy on April 24, 2017, 09:24:43 AM
I do have part numbers but that won't help you much.
I had to buy a new grill and swap out the grates just to get the parts I wanted.

https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/kettle-plus-gbs-47cm/

Once I got the grates I sold the new grill to someone that did not care about the GBS grates.



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: Madpap on April 24, 2017, 09:25:01 AM
I'm interested in the grates also.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: dazzo on April 24, 2017, 09:53:28 AM
Yeah, non US.

Shoulda known. 

Sent from my Rotary Phone via 14.4kb/s

Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: johnny 2 shack on April 24, 2017, 09:53:55 AM
pure kettle porn .
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: vwengguy on April 24, 2017, 09:59:01 AM
Thank You !


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: vwengguy on April 24, 2017, 10:59:11 AM
I looked in my emails and I have the part number for everyone..

66781 Gourmet BBQ System cooking grate, export

Sorry I never got a part number for the rapid fire charcoal grate.

This is a Europe grill.. this year (2017).
Maybe next year in the USA ?
So I don't thing your going to find it in the states yet.

Matt


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: WNC on April 24, 2017, 12:17:45 PM
Nice work, I love that charcoal grate!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: mrgoodbar67 on April 24, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
Ive been wanting the rapid fire grate for my 22 SSP for YEARS!!!

Of course this is Euro only.  damn Euros!
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: Josh G on April 24, 2017, 03:02:15 PM
Quote from: WNC on April 24, 2017, 12:17:45 PM
Nice work, I love that charcoal grate!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)


That is pretty cool!
Title: Re: Super Mod : Jumbo Joe Premium GBS
Post by: Mr.CPHo on April 24, 2017, 06:25:33 PM
I'd really love an 18"GBS grate.  Bummer. 


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)