Hi All
Irish member here. I am going to look at a 2016 performer deluxe gourmet. From the photos it looks to be very clean. No signs of rust etc. Any tips on what I should be looking for on a second hand performer?
Thanks in advance from Kilkenny Ireland.
Hello and welcome! I will almost bet that the performer would be like brand new being a 2016 model even if it sat out without a cover. Plus, you are saying no rust and looks clean from the pics. It should be fine. On the older Performers, I would check for a damages on the table, lid, and a bowl, and gas assist starting sys. but with this one..... if the price is right, just do it! Pick it up.
My first gen3 performer sat outside for 5 years with no cover. When I went to pick it up, it was full of wet charcoal from lid vent open and the ash pan was full of water. I got it at a good price so I picked it up. Once cleaned up, it was like new condition. Gas assist was never used but worked fine when I tried it. No rust inside the bowl.
Kenno
Welcome. Love your Green Font.. lol
I would only be concetned about older model performers.. early 2000s have been known to have rust issues around the leg sockets...of the bowl..
Look underneath at the bowl underside from allsides ti ensure you dont have rust thru.
Most gas assist non working issues are simole to fix.
Either the ignitor connections pts need to be cleaned /sanded or the burner tube is clogged with ash...remove burner tube blow out to allow gas to flow freely
Gas knob spinning...buy reolacement radio shack knob with set screw...remove old one
Good luck