Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: s0494135 on April 24, 2017, 07:40:08 AM

Title: Lava tools carbon lite
Post by: s0494135 on April 24, 2017, 07:40:08 AM
Has anyone used the carbon lite from lava tools? It seems like a good idea but there are not very many reviews on it yet from real users.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Lava tools carbon lite
Post by: zavod44 on April 24, 2017, 07:49:53 AM
Link?

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Lava tools carbon lite
Post by: s0494135 on April 24, 2017, 08:04:29 AM
https://lavatools.co/products/carbon-lite


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Lava tools carbon lite
Post by: mrgoodbar67 on April 24, 2017, 02:57:58 PM
$50 per set?? that seems expensive.  Probably bc you're buying 1 probe and 1 Bluetooth unit (per set) every time.
So if I want to monitor 4 pieces of food, Ill need to get 4 separate Carbon Lites ($200), even though all I should really need is the probe?
I like that one probe serves as food and ambient readers tho.

You're better off getting the igrill mini (2 probes-1 bluetooth unit) or the iGrill 2 (4 probes-1 bluetooth unit with readout).

Title: Re: Lava tools carbon lite
Post by: HoosierKettle on April 24, 2017, 03:02:05 PM
I had a mini that quit on me. Personally I wouldn't buy another unit that relies strictly on the phone and doesn't display temp on the unit itself.  Then your at the mercy of apps and keeping updated.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Lava tools carbon lite
Post by: mrgoodbar67 on April 24, 2017, 04:22:39 PM
@Hoosierkettle the iGrill2 is good because it has a readout.



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)