Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: chriscw81 on March 30, 2013, 09:10:23 AM

Title: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 30, 2013, 09:10:23 AM
Leaving soon to go pick this up.  It's more than I wanted to spend but as long as it's in the great shape it appears to be its worth it to me.  The guy said he bought it last summer and just takes up too much space on his deck.  Been wanting a performer for a while, especially a blue one. 

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/3712465992.html

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/6y2y8ega.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/ase7amyr.jpg)




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: Craig on March 30, 2013, 09:12:49 AM
Congrats! Looks great! Let us know how it turns out. We want more pics!!  :D
Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: bob hope on March 30, 2013, 09:15:31 AM
Way to go. Like Craig said let see some pic's when you get her home.
Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 30, 2013, 09:21:10 AM
I'll definitely post pics after I get it, hopefully it doesn't require much clean up.  It's just over an hour away so pics later on....




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: Mark Schnell on March 30, 2013, 11:09:02 AM
You're gonna love it, Chris. I'm to the point that every evening that I don't get to cook on my Performer is kind of a bummer. Any other meal is a, "Oh well, if we have to..." kind of thing!
Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: mike.stavlund on March 30, 2013, 11:10:07 AM
Congrats, Chris!  Hope this comes together smoothly.  That is a beautiful blue.
Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: mike.stavlund on March 30, 2013, 12:52:13 PM
...and I just noticed that the blue beauty disappeared from CL, so here's hoping that's because it's in the back of your truck!  Please give us some good news!
Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 30, 2013, 02:52:15 PM
Just got her home!  Traffic was an absolute nightmare.  This thing looks brand new!  I doubt it's been used 5 times!  It came with a cover and 1 and a half bags of kingsford.  I'll post pics in just a few minutes.

Chris




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 30, 2013, 03:04:13 PM
As promised:

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/8emuhuge.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/y3yga5u7.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/9u7azyte.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/3ygy7adu.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/y2esabyz.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/evejuzam.jpg)

Last but not least, she's parked in her new home bonding with new family.  She'll fit in nicely!  This thing was clean enough to where I'm not even gonna sweat deep cleaning it.

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/ebuzuvut.jpg)


Chris




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: Big B on March 30, 2013, 03:17:10 PM
AAAAAwesome  pickup Chris......blue is my vave
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: Golly on March 30, 2013, 03:28:48 PM
sweet pick up
looovvee the bluey
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: Heyjude on March 30, 2013, 04:08:30 PM
Very Nice.. You will get many years of love from her..  What that you ask?  Yes, I'm talking about the grill. What did you think? ... 8)
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: HankB on March 30, 2013, 05:19:50 PM
Great addition to the collection!
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 30, 2013, 05:51:35 PM

Thanks, everyone! I'm super stoked, I'll break her in tomorrow.



Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: Bman on March 30, 2013, 08:09:35 PM
Congrats Chris!  That performer was literally just down the road from me.  Don't be getting too comfortable pickin' kettles on my stomping grounds...  lol 
Scroll through this thread and see if you recognize anything.  :D  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/brick-red-performer-$150/

PS - I'm also a member of the Blue AA club.
Title: Re: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 31, 2013, 12:24:34 PM
Quote from: Bman on March 30, 2013, 08:09:35 PM
Congrats Chris!  That performer was literally just down the road from me.  Don't be getting too comfortable pickin' kettles on my stomping grounds...  lol 
Scroll through this thread and see if you recognize anything.  :D  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/brick-red-performer-$150/

PS - I'm also a member of the Blue AA club.

Haha!  You won't have to worry about me going back there again....for now, anyways.  It took me 2.5 hours to get there with traffic and over an hour to get back.....not to mention about $15 bucks in tolls!  Don't get too comfy though, I'll be watching ;-)

Tonight I'm gonna break the performer in with some burgers from a brisket I ground up recently.  Looking forward to it.

Chris




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: 1911Ron on March 31, 2013, 01:19:30 PM
I now need a Performer :o  ;D  Nice pickup!
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: bob hope on March 31, 2013, 02:48:15 PM
I love that blue. Ya lucky dog! ;)
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 31, 2013, 02:59:31 PM
Another popped up today too...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hsh/3714982928.html




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on March 31, 2013, 03:55:03 PM
Broke her in.  Nothing special.  Did a reverse sear on some ground up brisket burgers with a little mesquite.  This thing really is convenient.  I cook in my driveway usually and it super easy to pull everything out of the garage. 

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/uqyneran.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/sa4emera.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/anyhaby6.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/dera5udu.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/01/8yhubu4u.jpg)






Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: Bman on March 31, 2013, 06:40:18 PM
Very cool, Chris!  I also see your lid fits in the lid bale just like mine does.  Kinda piss poor...
Title: Re: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on April 01, 2013, 01:04:38 AM
Quote from: Bman on March 31, 2013, 06:40:18 PM
Very cool, Chris!  I also see your lid fits in the lid bale just like mine does.  Kinda piss poor...

Yeah, I expected it to fit more like a 90 degree angle or greater.  It really gets in the way....




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: Bman on April 01, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
While I've done nothing since posting this thread, check out the comments by G & Mark Schnell regarding our lid & holder.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-performer-clean-up/
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on April 01, 2013, 10:43:37 AM
Quote from: Bman on April 01, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
While I've done nothing since posting this thread, check out the comments by G & Mark Schnell regarding our lid & holder.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-performer-clean-up/

i'll have to look at bending it.  i'm just scared to hurt my new baby. 

i actually noticed a little problem when i was done cooking on her last night.  when i was done cooking i close down the top and bottom vents, like i always do.  a few hours later i went back to cover the grill and put it back in my garage.  i then realized the grill was still pretty hot and the dome thermometer showed about 200.  when i close down the vents of my OTG the fire is out and the grill is cold in within an hour.  i played with the lover vent dampers and they seem much looser than they should be and i'm guess it's why the fire wasnt snuffed out as fast as i expected.  i may have to take them off and possibly put them back on better or tighter.
Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: javahog2002 on April 01, 2013, 12:13:51 PM
Nice Performer.  I do the like the Blue.  Heeeeey  waaaaaaaaaaaait she is rolling down the driveway.

;D 
Title: Re: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: chriscw81 on April 01, 2013, 12:44:45 PM
Quote from: javahog2002 on April 01, 2013, 12:13:51 PM
Nice Performer.  I do the like the Blue.  Heeeeey  waaaaaaaaaaaait she is rolling down the driveway.

;D

I have nightmares of those kinds of scenarios.  Haha I make sure the wheels are locked!




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
Post by: pbe gummi bear on April 01, 2013, 01:11:19 PM
Quote from: chriscw81 on April 01, 2013, 10:43:37 AM


i'll have to look at bending it.  i'm just scared to hurt my new baby. 

i actually noticed a little problem when i was done cooking on her last night.  when i was done cooking i close down the top and bottom vents, like i always do.  a few hours later i went back to cover the grill and put it back in my garage.  i then realized the grill was still pretty hot and the dome thermometer showed about 200.  when i close down the vents of my OTG the fire is out and the grill is cold in within an hour.  i played with the lover vent dampers and they seem much looser than they should be and i'm guess it's why the fire wasnt snuffed out as fast as i expected.  i may have to take them off and possibly put them back on better or tighter.

It's also possible the PO put them on in the wrong order. It shouldn't be too much effort to investigate and repair or replace them. Good luck!