Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Pizza Forum => Topic started by: Maxmbob on August 31, 2016, 03:58:02 PM

Title: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: Maxmbob on August 31, 2016, 03:58:02 PM
Upside down pizza pot pie. 3 herb dough, basil, chive and parsley.  3 meat, salami,  Italian  sausage and pork tenderloin. 3 pepper, hatch, Serrano and Anaheim. 3 cheese, mozzarella, sharp cheddar and harvarti.  3 tomato, charokee purple, roma and a yellow that I don't remember the name.  I grilled the meat, peppers and tomatoes first.
Grilled the pizza over charcoal and 3 woods, peach, pear and pecan.  I layered  the cheeses on the bottom,  peppers, meat and tomatoes next. Covered it with the dough and grilled.
Pretty tasty.
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/1af61ff77b66fa7bde33be8c69fc2e2a.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/cf3ae5da564a1715154955ef7932bf5d.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/f995b996d019b6d33c987711abbac215.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/6f3096dae4ec1c0fecd453790eb381ca.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/531f72f83a58824d4a60b8ba5ada4782.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/866791c16702e11918fccdd097719649.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/4ef140b4cf7afc885a7fae8a5d2e7127.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/a76e042563033436639ca1b87aa46824.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/7a39e54cbe5952d8e722b4df587fa33a.jpg)
(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/12d173b9a6223a378c336ce9ef26aaef.jpg)
The first one was taken out of the pan while hot. I waited a bit on the second one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: austin87 on August 31, 2016, 09:51:23 PM
Dude that is AWESOME
Title: Re: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: Travis on August 31, 2016, 11:23:16 PM
Looks great Maxmbob! By chance was that done on a mbh 26r. That first pic looks roomy...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: Bob BQ on September 01, 2016, 03:26:07 AM
Looks phenomenal! Excellent cook up...........
Title: Re: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: Maxmbob on September 01, 2016, 06:40:24 AM
Thanks @austin87, @Travis and @Bob BQ .  You are right Travis I cooked these on an early 70s fleetwood.  I knew I wasn't going to need the extremely high heat that you normally  need for cooking pizzas so I used the fleetwood.
Title: Re: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: EucTruck on September 02, 2016, 06:06:11 AM
yum
Title: Re: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: DarrenC on September 02, 2016, 08:10:46 AM
Absolutely inspiring!
Title: Re: Pizza Outside The Box Entry.
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 06, 2016, 08:36:08 AM
That looks damn good!!!!!