Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: G on October 30, 2012, 05:52:41 PM

Title: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: G on October 30, 2012, 05:52:41 PM
I was fotunate enough to run across this item over the weekend.  A 1972 Weber floral print cover for a 22" grill still in the unopened original packaging.  The original Gimbal's price tag is for $5.95 which matches the retail price in the '72 brochure.  Now the real question is, do I open it and put it to use or leave it in the package???

(http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4462/007al.jpg)

(http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9090/008gw.jpg)

(http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1702/009aa.jpg)
Title: Re: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: ramsfan on October 30, 2012, 06:26:59 PM
If you had an unused, brand new Weber kettle from 1972, would you use it or keep it's brand new condition?
Title: Re: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: Cookingmama on October 30, 2012, 06:37:09 PM
That's really girly looking......  You should totally send it to me!   ;) :D ;D
Title: Re: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: Duke on October 30, 2012, 07:00:36 PM
How sweet would that look on a lime 22? 8)  I want one for a smokey joe like the one on the packaging. I had one of these covers a few years ago and let it go with a weber I sold. If I ever come across another i'm keeping it. Do you believe they are really "flame resistan"t?
Title: Re: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: Jeff on October 30, 2012, 07:06:31 PM
Very nice Stu...adding to your impressive Weber collection!
Title: Re: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: Craig on October 30, 2012, 07:08:40 PM
That is super '70s cool!!!  8) Definatly should go on an appropriate kettle! Looks like the furniture covers the Forman's used on That 70s show! That's awesome!!

Craig
Title: Re: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: Heyjude on October 30, 2012, 08:22:45 PM
I would totally open that! Errr.. I would give it to Cookingmama.. It is kinda girly!
I would save ti for a special grill/occasion..errr Damn, I don't know..
Please make it stop...
Title: Re: 1972 Weber Floral Print Kettle Cover
Post by: zavod44 on October 30, 2012, 09:41:49 PM
I am so fucking jealous....I actually have someone making me some covers that look kinda like that.  I found some retro looking fabric and I'm trying to replicate that look.  If you want to trade I'm all in brother!  You need handles?   Just let me know!


Brian