Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Craig on May 28, 2014, 07:07:56 AM

Poll
Question: If you could only have one style of venting system, which would it be?
Option 1: Daisy Wheels/"3 wheeler" votes: 7
Option 2: One Touch (Silver or Gold) votes: 20
Title: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
Post by: Craig on May 28, 2014, 07:07:56 AM
I know this has come up before in a regular thread, but I wanted to take a poll on this. This is not intended to spark a heated debate (no pun intended), just a personal preference question.  ;)
Title: Re: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on May 28, 2014, 07:56:08 AM
Opinions are served by needs and perceptions. I like 'em both under different circumstances. Overall I lean towards One Touch w/ ashcan but do not appreciate having to rehab them if/when rust takes out the system. That aspect is a design failure IMO borne about by cost considerations.

Q: Which camera is best?

A: The one you brought with you.
Title: Re: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
Post by: mcgolden on May 28, 2014, 09:20:31 AM
For general ease of use due to the ash bucket, I would say One Touch, assuming you've got a gold.  If you've got a siler that just has the tray, then I would say 3-wheeler for the nostalgia.  I like them both.
Title: Re: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
Post by: crazej36 on May 28, 2014, 10:19:50 AM
Daisy wheels are nice for low and slow but over all with clean up I have to go one touch .
Title: Re: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
Post by: G$ on May 28, 2014, 10:47:44 AM
Craig, not trying to be difficult, but I cannot really answer your poll as presented.

I would take a OTG over a three wheeler for cooking..... But I would take a daisy wheel over an OTS......

yep, the ash pan makes that much of a difference.
Title: Re: Our Survey Says!? Daisy Wheels or One Touch
Post by: G$ on May 28, 2014, 10:48:07 AM
Quote from: mcgolden on May 28, 2014, 09:20:31 AM
For general ease of use due to the ash bucket, I would say One Touch, assuming you've got a gold.  If you've got a siler that just has the tray, then I would say 3-wheeler for the nostalgia.  I like them both.

ha, this exactly.