Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Shanks (WSA)  (Read 1940 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Pork Shanks (WSA)
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:36:02 PM »
Hello friends, last weekend I attended a training course held in Turin from the great chef Gianfranco Lo Cascio BBQ4All and Weber's why I become coach of bbq and I can give courses to anyone who wants to participate. At home I wanted to try the pork knuckles .. recipe that gave me a unique satisfaction .

ingredients:
2 pork shanks
Your favorite rub
Smoked : Pecans

I held the shins hour with the rub in the fridge and in the meantime I did the setup of my magnificent WSA , just come to 260'F I put him in the shins and indirect I left them for about an hour and in any case until the achieving a nice browned color . After the indirect I wrapped in foil shins and I left two hours and the T has exceeded 320'F and in any case after 1 hour and a half I started to check the shanks that were probe tender. Reached the desired consistency I removed the foil, I brushed with oil and I put it back in again indirectly to the surface to dry and brown a little . The flavor and texture were not the ones tested in the course in Turin but to be the first time that I made them the result was exceptional also because the Italian forum I have ever read that many users have had problems with the preparations of the shins.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:46:37 PM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Pork Shanks (WSA)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »
Very nice!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 03:24:19 AM »
Thx my friend....
BBQ are never enough

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »

260'F is my favorite temprature for long cooked pork......not so low it dries out, not so fast that the fat does not render well....just right !!!

Looks wonderful !!!

This might be a piece that others would grind for sausage, but with skill, you have cooked it whole !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:27:55 PM »
I agree with you .. the T 260'F is a fair compromise to melt the collagen and make jelly! I had never tried to cook it whole and I have to say that I was 100% satisfied
BBQ are never enough