Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked My Nuts............PR0N  (Read 1405 times)

Bluesman

• WKC Brave
Smoked My Nuts............PR0N
« on: December 12, 2013, 04:22:48 PM »
Well i smoked my nuts

So I started out with this: Two bottles of Koeze nuts, one cashews and the othe mixed some Sriracha, eggs, habanero Death Dust and Shiner Bock. A late entry into the inquiry thread suggested Buttah.............so it was in too.......:thumb:

Cashews:
6 egg whites beat
1/2 cup Sriracha
1 heaping tablespoon HDD

Mixed Nuts:
1 stick melted buttah
1/2 cup Sriracha
1 heaping tablespoon HDD

Smoked over hickory on my WSM at about 200*-225*. Flipped twice every 10 minutes and then a final dusting of HDD at the 25 minute mark on off to cool.

Cashews ready for WSM

Cashews ready to cool

Mixed nuts on the cooker

Side by Side

Comments: The crunchy really didn't change by smoking them. The eggs whites added more color to the cashews than did the buttah. Both taste really good. The cashews got a bit too much hickory smoke which died down some for the mixed nuts, so not as much smoke flavor. What would I do different...............get more Shiner Bock..........:becky:
2000 Simpson OTG, 2010 22.5 WSM, 98 SS Perfomer, Q100, Q200, Smoken Bucky UDS, 1983 WGA, 1995 Red Master Touch, Early 70's Red Statesman
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Snap-On Wrench Smokey Joe

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Smoked My Nuts............PR0N
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:57:46 PM »
I'll say they look really good Bluesman. I am planning on doing some myself, but just can't seem to nail down an evening to do it. I have cheese and salmon planned as well and will post my spoils here when I do. Please keep sharing pictures of your holiday appetizers, I really enjoy them.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
dude.

for starters, those giant jars of koeze nuts brought back a whirlwind of childhood memories.
when i was a little girl, my dad would always bring home a jar of those cashews around christmas time.
i never knew where he got them, but i always remember how humongous the cashews were (compared to planters brands and whatnot)
I also remember getting yelled at for eating the majority of them.

the jars were always re-used, and are actually still in use. my dad has a few of those jars FILLED with change (no pennies) in his gun cabinet.
another on top of the fridge holds important bills and paperworks.
one in my moms bathroom has some random tools that my mom deems as 'hers'
a couple in the basement for random tools, screws, sockets, and even one with broadheads and razorblades from our bowhunting days.

thank you for that.

also - your nuts looks delicious and I will definitely try this at home.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 04:35:01 AM »
Those look great Blues......any thoughts on the Habanero death dust.  Ive seen that but havent pulled the trigger on a purchase.na