Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Few Baked Spuds and Some Damper  (Read 1013 times)

cartandpeg

• Smokey Joe
Few Baked Spuds and Some Damper
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:56:09 AM »
Hi All,
         Nothing special on this cook,apart from the fact it is my second attempt at cooking something.I really should have put the damper in a bit earlier as the spuds where well done,not over done though.The damper turned out ok.
In hindsight I should have spread the damper out a bit more rather than just clump it in.But no matter, as by the time the trimmings where added to the spuds,everyone  was so hungry it did not matter.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:14:03 AM by cartandpeg »

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Few Baked Spuds and Some Damper
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:17 AM »
Damper? Had to google that. It seems like that term describes at least three things that are absolutely not related as far as I can tell. ;)

Looks good! Did you have any difficulty with the damper getting too crusty on the bottom before it browned nicely on the top? I find things tend to do that on the kettle.
kettles, smokers...

cartandpeg

• Smokey Joe
Re: Few Baked Spuds and Some Damper
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »
The bottom of the damper turned out very nicely Hank, browning just right. I never took the damper out the tray to check the bottom during cooking, the tray was smeared with butter prior to cooking, but a good thought though, for future reference should I cook similar.  I should have said damper bread, sorry about that. Thanks for the encouragement, it really does not look much,but hopefully  better things to come. Going very basic again tonight few snags( sausages) few chops and a salad.
Cheers Andy