Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Orange Duck Roast  (Read 1293 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Orange Duck Roast
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »
Leafing through the cookbook received as a gift from Golly I saw this recipe last night we had dinner at the in-laws and I decided to use it as a tester to have two opinions more.

Ingredients:
Duck 1.9 kg
1 Orange
1 onion
salt
pepper

For the Glaze
2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 Bourboun

For the sake of time I made a quick brine for 6 hours with 50 grams of salt per liter then after I dry the duck salt and pepper the inside and I put the orange and onion cut into 4 .. for the ' outside some oil and pepper .. only for the glaze is enough to combine the ingredients and let simmer for a few minutes .
I prepared the kettle with rotisserie kit with heavy briquettes to keep a high T and for not refill after 1 hour , I put the kit smoked with hickory chips , set the Maverick 163F and I have roasted for about 75 minutes to a temperature always above 428F ..i had to duck glaze the last 30 minutes with the glaze but the laws have preferred it to serve it in part . The result was amazing , they were very juicy thighs and chest slightly less but both savory , soft and tasty and the frosting that I had above docket was something exceptional . A final consideration should be made for the skin which unfortunately was crisp in only a few points but I think for the duck is very difficult to get for the amount of fat contained in it ... my guests said they enjoyed all great.

This Post is dedicated to Golly..thx!
BBQ are never enough

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Orange Duck Roast
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 05:18:14 AM »
That looks amazing!
 Do you think that the glaze recipe worked well as a sauce or was it too sweet?
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Orange Duck Roast
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 06:05:52 AM »
For my taste the glaze served as sauce was a bit too sweet, while my wife and my in-laws was not .. three against one! Next time I'll use it as a glaze otherwise I will make another sauce! however, it was very good
BBQ are never enough