Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Salmon Rum  (Read 1278 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Salmon Rum
« on: September 24, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »
Hi guys, have you grilled tonite? I made a recipe from a friend of mine really tasty and simple to do!
I get 4 salmon stesks and marinaded in rum for 15 minutes in fridge, after i drained and then I made a rub with 2 parts with sugar 1 part with salt and add black pepper and put again in the fridge for about 1 hour. After that I washed them under water, dried and I put them in indirect cooking for 30 minutes! the result was dazzling and i also smoked it with cherry chips..very simple to do! My wife don't like salmon very much but tonight she liked very much. if I had had another 4 we would have to eat more than I can..try it!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:37:52 AM by Prof. »
BBQ are never enough

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Salmon Rum
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 06:07:00 AM »
We both like salmon and had some the evening before our marathon this Sunday. Cherry is absolutely the best smoking wood for salmon in my experience. Good to see that your wife is enjoying what you like to cook!  ;D
kettles, smokers...

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
Salmon Rum
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 07:27:15 AM »
my greatest satisfaction was to see her eat salmon with taste
BBQ are never enough

Eapples

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:06:51 AM »
Hi guys, have you grilled tonite? I made a recipe from a friend of mine really tasty and simple to do!
I get 4 salmon stesks and marinaded in rum for 15 minutes in fridge, after i drained and then I made a rub with 2 parts with sugar 1 part with salt and add black pepper and put again in the fridge for about 1 hour. After that I washed them under water, dried and I put them in indirect cooking for 30 minutes! the result was dazzling and i also smoked it with cherry chips..very simple to do! My wife don't like salmon very much but tonight she liked very much. if I had had another 4 we would have to eat more than I can..try it!

Does this work with filets?  My preference would be for steaks; but, the Boss prefers filet.

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 04:17:50 AM »
You mean salmon fillets? I think it works, but leave them in care a lot less time because the thickness of the fillet are lower than the steaks! Maybe 10 minutes with the rum and 30 minutes with sugar, salt and black pepper..I can not tell you exactly because I made them always with the steaks .. you have to try!
BBQ are never enough