Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grey Painted Triangle??  (Read 2228 times)

G

• WKC Ranger
Grey Painted Triangle??
« on: November 02, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »
Anyone know if Weber offered a grey triangle in the past?  I got around to cleaning one up this morning and after uncovering some of the surface rust, noticed it was painted grey.  The finish of the paint is smooth and doesn't look like something from a spray can.  In addition, the entire triangle was painted, even the ends where the wheels attach.  I guess it could have been painted by the former owner but Im wondering if it came from the factory that way similar to the black triangles that were available a few years back.  The grill it belongs to is a faded grey 26 from the early 70s (post patent Bar-B-Que Kettle) so the color scheme could match.  I was going to paint it silver but decided to leave it be.
The grill

The triangle

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:05:20 PM by G »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grey Painted Triangle??
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
I don't know....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:04 AM »
No paint where the wheels were attached? Don't you think if weber painted the triangle they'd do it before wheels were put on? Just a theory...
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 02:46:54 AM »
Terry...he said it "was painted" where the wheels do sit on the ends.  So yes, it sounds like it was painted before the wheels were installed.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 03:15:40 AM »
Yes....entire triangle was painted.  The third photo was taken after I removed the paint from the wheel end.  Im thinking its stock....just haven't seen it before.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:20:46 AM by G »

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 03:48:21 AM »
Ughh, maybe I should learn to read early in the morning huh? :)
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 03:58:10 AM »
Thats ok Terry...it was Saturday night.  I'm sure you were hangin out with "Jack" celebrating your extra hour of sleep!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 04:20:40 AM »
Sampled the winter jack last night. Mix it with caramel, French vanilla creamer and heat it up...mmm good.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 05:26:19 AM »
Ya know, it may be possible. I have an old 18 from that era. It looks very similar. Will post some pics later today.
AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..