Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: last minute cook  (Read 966 times)

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
last minute cook
« on: September 25, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »
Hiya all, so I am busy prepping/cleaning my new(used) 57 and I really needed to get some smoke going, so out comes joe, some wings, lamb chops and some garlic bread were to be on the menu tonight.

2 lots of wings, one done naked with a sauce mop at the end and the other with the magic mix I’m still trying to get right.

The lamb chops were simply brushed with some garlic butter.

The garlic bread was doused liberally with a strong chedder, done in foil for 5 minutes then opened up to finish, along with wings, this is becoming my favorite munch.

We are more than happy with the bbq sauce, it is quite simply addictive stuff, we have never eaten so many wings since getting joe, the magic dust mix is nearly there, more garlic and onion powder are needed and that just might be it, will have to do more wings to find out.

till next time.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: last minute cook
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
Looking good ray! I've never seen so many wings prior to you getting joe. :)

I am always surprised to see just how many wings you get on the little guy.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
Re: last minute cook
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 03:43:23 AM »
i have got to be honest ken, it suprise's me just what can be done on a small grill, i have been missing out for donkeys years(going to make up for it now though)

i'm getting the hang of the coals now so i s'pose thats making a differance, i'm finding i could quite possibly keep grilling through the night on it if ever required and more to the point, finding where to place food to get the required results.

ray.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:48:54 AM by smokeyjoeuk-ray »
I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.