Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Key Lime Pie.  (Read 1369 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Key Lime Pie.
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »
One of my Wife's favorite kind of pies.....my first one ever, to make or eat....Great! Even though the topping looks like Ranch dressing .....it is not....it is zest from Key limes.

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Key Lime Pie.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »
OTP strikes again!! I'd love the recipe as my wife loves this too. Looks awesome sir!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Key Lime Pie.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:49:47 AM »
+1 for recipe.  Looks great.

Aawa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:07:01 AM »
Great looking key lime pie!

Key lime is by far my favorite pie ever.  Just throw a little bit of meringue and it woudl be perfect!
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

Craig

• WKC Mod
Key Lime Pie.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 05:39:33 AM »
Looks great, OTP!  I love key lime pie.

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 06:50:11 AM »
The recipe is VERY simple.

2(14 ounce)cans of sweetened condensed milk

1 cup Key lime (or regular lime)juice

2 whole eggs

Just whisk together until well blended and pour into a pie shell. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes and then pull from grill. This is one of those rare times you do not go by internal temp to determine if done...you do not want it to brown and it WILL NOT set like a cake....will not get firm to the touch. Let it sit until it cools to room temperature and then put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. You can use variuos things for topping or use none at all....I don't have the recipe for the topping we used since the one I made from the recipe I had tasted like crap and my Wife added a bunch of stuff on the fly to fix it. In my oppinion it doesn't need a topping except for maybe some whipped cream.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!