Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dino Bones for Football Sunday  (Read 1863 times)

Aawa

• WKC Brave
Dino Bones for Football Sunday
« on: September 08, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »
Football Sunday calls for a true man meal.  Nothing states manly than knawing on some dino bones!

I piled all the coals to one side w/ some walnut on the kettle since I wanted a more hands one cook today.  I rubbed the ribs with 1part course ground pepper, 1part kosher salt, 1/4 part garlic powder.  Threw them on the kettle and it was a drier day so I used the humidifier  my friends gave me for my bday filled with 50/50 water and worchestershire sauce.(I would of normally just used a stainless steal bowl with the liquid in it) cooked at 250-275 degrees (had to throw more coals in about 5 hours into it)

About 4 hours in you can see the bones pulling away.  The color is coming along but almost to the point where I want it too be.  So I knew I was going to have to foil them at some point.

I ended up foiling at the 5 hour mark, but I didn't get any pictures.  While the bones were braising in the foil, I roasted off some hatch chiles and cooked some potatos on the other performer.  No pictures unfortunately :(    After the potatos were cooked I scooped out the middle, chopped up the roasted and peeled hatch chiles and mixed it all with cream cheese and threw them into the kettle.

Ribs were resting as the potatos were cooking.  Once I pulled the potatos off, I sliced up the dino bones.

http://i.imgur.com/hGqgw1w.jpg

Pile o bones.  The pull back on the bone and the picture doesn't do it justice with the pull back on the bones and the smoke ring on it.

One bone plate w/ roasted hatch chile and cream cheese stuffed twiced baked potato.

Thanks for looking.
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Dino Bones for Football Sunday
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 04:31:06 PM »
Awesome, simply awesome.:)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »
:drool:  Dude, you are a wizard at this stuff.  Great lookin' cooks you post up!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Dino Bones for Football Sunday
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
Another great cook sir!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:03:42 PM »
Big thumbs up!