Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pollo Asado  (Read 1798 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Pollo Asado
« on: September 06, 2013, 08:04:20 PM »
Just a simple chicken taco night. Food City (a local discount grocer) sells marinated chicken, pork or beef in the butcher case. The thighs are our favorite!

Sorry, no plated pics. Just a quick indirect cook with a reverse sear. Chopped and served with cabbage, tomato, onion, avocado and cheese.
:)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pollo Asado
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »
That looks delicious! My family really likes Pollo Asada. We go to a mexi butcher that weighs the meat fresh then adds marinade, it's so fresh, and we don't pay for the extra weight. I don't speak the language, we just play pictionary. ;) I usually just go all direct, haven't tried this method yet. I need baskets.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Pollo Asado
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:54:07 PM »
You had me at pollo! That looks great and delicious. Much better than the chicken nachos we had last night at the local Mexican joint.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 11:08:41 PM »
JC try the pollo asado at Sprouts very good that is where I get mine when I don't want to do it all from scratch!  That looks good making me hungry and here I am at work late on a call with no grill in sight!
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 06:23:06 AM »

I like the crust on that chicken, like some of the better restaurant ones I've seen around, bet yours was even better, tho......

Nice basket arrangemebt too, I've done just like that some, in getting used to using them..... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 06:37:26 AM »
Great looking PO! I would rip into that!

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 02:33:12 PM »
I'm gonna try this!