Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue Grill Appreciation Society  (Read 65198 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Blue Grill Appreciation Society
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »
Very cool story @Lightning  It would cool to have that grill someday.
A blue is on my list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully I'll end up with it when the time comes, but I hope that isn't for a long time to come.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2016, 07:31:00 PM »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Cellar2ful

« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2016, 12:38:35 PM »
1990 OTP with add on ash bucket and high figured cedar Zav handles.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:17:57 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »
Nice! Love those handles.   I been trying to hold off and not say anything till I got them, but I can't.

I should be getting whole bunch of Zavs handles soon. Maybe next week.  I am trying to cover off most of exotic variety that I like.  Some of them are high figured cedar.  Hope they look good as yours.   When I get them, I will showcase them individually and on my kettles.  I can not wait to get them and show off.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
@Cellar2ful I love that pic of your blue. It's my favorite next to a blue mbh. That handle is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2016, 04:13:24 PM »
Those handles look out of this world on that blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2016, 06:01:21 PM »
Great story @Lightning, thanks for sharing.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
Nice! Love those handles.   I been trying to hold off and not say anything till I got them, but I can't.

I should be getting whole bunch of Zavs handles soon. Maybe next week.  I am trying to cover off most of exotic variety that I like.  Some of them are high figured cedar.  Hope they look good as yours.   When I get them, I will showcase them individually and on my kettles.  I can not wait to get them and show off.
I think you will find that the handles will look better that that picture from @Cellar2ful .  No disrespect intended and I'm sure Cellar2ful will agree with me here.  No matter how good the pictures look, they are a flat 2 dimensional representation of the actual handle. Once you see the real thing, there is a certain iridescence with the way the light plays with the grain and the varnish... it changes as you move the handle and the angle of the light changes.

I'm sure you will enjoy them very much. Brian does fantastic work.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2016, 01:46:57 AM »

I think you will find that the handles will look better that that picture from @Cellar2ful .  No disrespect intended and I'm sure Cellar2ful will agree with me here.  No matter how good the pictures look, they are a flat 2 dimensional representation of the actual handle. Once you see the real thing, there is a certain iridescence with the way the light plays with the grain and the varnish... it changes as you move the handle and the angle of the light changes.

I'm sure you will enjoy them very much. Brian does fantastic work.

Tremendous pitch.  Thanks.  Now you got me lusting after them, lol!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Blue Grill Appreciation Society
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2016, 09:49:12 AM »

Rocking a Zav cedar handle as well... pictures really don't do it justice
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:51:01 AM by weldboy »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2016, 10:02:20 AM »
No intent to hijack the thread but does anyone have a pic of the cedar on a redhead?  Might these look good on an SSP in red?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2016, 04:52:25 PM »
No intent to hijack the thread but does anyone have a pic of the cedar on a redhead?  Might these look good on an SSP in red?

I think it will look better on Red. Wait till I get my handles. I will post up pics when I get them next week.

I will post pics of different color kettle combo with diff. woods. Hopefully you guys can pick your favorite and order up from Zav without guessing how it will look on your kettle.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:59 PM »
They look fantastic on a red head. Don't have pics right now as I gave the red to a friend a few months ago, but it will probably be coming back soon since he's just fallen in love with vintage red Gennie's and has recently acquired 3, and is running out of room.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »
Awesome fellas. These blue kettle pics are really amazing. Keep them coming please!

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2016, 10:53:12 AM »
I just got a word from Zav. My amazing collection of handles will arrive here next wed. I am so so excited. I may loose some sleep over this.   :) 

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:21:25 PM by greenweb »