Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wow, what a day, Me STUPID! *** Updated ***  (Read 10987 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Wow, what a day, Me STUPID!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
The Karma Torch is thrown your way!  8)

Thanks AJ! Been a rough ride lately. Had a friend go down last week and going to another tomorrow a.m. I believe good things happen to people that are patient at this hobby. ;) Just a bike ride away, if I don't get it. I have seen it, that counts. I have seen the "Great Pumpkin" too. I am blessed in just a year of this hobby. Not many that have been doing this for longer me, have seen what I have seen or had in possenion. This is not an EGO thing, but I have been so fortunate, if not for this sight, I would't have seen what is part of Americana!

Your welcome.. My 22 Yellow and my 22 Baby Blue had some great stories with them.. Thats what makes this hobby really fun.. That and giving Brain a hard time..  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »
Thanks Zav! Well said above, I have the same belief, as I believe others have the same. With the search engine out there now, that combs all CL adds, backyards are not safe. Door knocks are our future for the passion of the hobby. I don' t have deep pockets, but have a passion for this hobby. I have built a stable on passion and local buys. I have wants, not needs to fulfill this passion. If this Wood Dale comes fruition, awesome. If not, tomorrow is another day. Life experiences, gives one a different perspective of life as we live it.  Currently, I am more excited about being an agent for a member here, to be able to fulfill a want for his stable. Will be boxed and shipped this week. I have just recieved a want from another member, that reached out to me. This is how and believe the intent of WKC founding members started this awesome sight, IMO.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 08:30:11 PM »
The Karma Torch is thrown your way!  8)

Thanks AJ! Been a rough ride lately. Had a friend go down last week and going to another tomorrow a.m. I believe good things happen to people that are patient at this hobby. ;) Just a bike ride away, if I don't get it. I have seen it, that counts. I have seen the "Great Pumpkin" too. I am blessed in just a year of this hobby. Not many that have been doing this for longer me, have seen what I have seen or had in possenion. This is not an EGO thing, but I have been so fortunate, if not for this sight, I would't have seen what is part of Americana!

Your welcome.. My 22 Yellow and my 22 Baby Blue had some great stories with them.. Thats what makes this hobby really fun.. That and giving Brain a hard time..  8)

Wait until I start a Hammock collection! ;)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »
I just read the complete thread and love everything I read, especially the  great stories and encouraging remarks about it. I am just going to sleep on it all and maybe wake up tomorrow to find another great story and maybe even a picture of a sweet wood dale, possibly even sitting on Greg's deck.

Good going Greg! :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:57:10 PM by Duke »

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
I almost forgot, the best part is, by the name of the thread title I was worried hat the PSB was going to be forgotten on the grill and ruined. 

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »
I used to be excited and passionate.... It has been sapped out of me..... I'll prob be here a little less from here on out......keep up the good fight gl...... this site needs a lot more guys like you....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »
I used to be excited and passionate.... It has been sapped out of me..... I'll prob be here a little less from here on out......keep up the good fight gl...... this site needs a lot more guys like you....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

I hear your pain, but at the same time saddens me. We(Passionate WKC) can make it through a few sour apples?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 11:13:24 PM »
I almost forgot, the best part is, by the name of the thread title I was worried hat the PSB was going to be forgotten on the grill and ruined.

Yeah, tremendous story & all.......i REALLY get that, but HOW was the beef?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 11:33:11 PM »
great story!
I can't wait to see what the big one in the garage is!!!!!!!!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 03:41:29 AM »

Yeah, tremendous story & all.......i REALLY get that, but HOW was the beef?

Beef was awesome! Thanks for asking.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 03:43:48 AM »
great story!
I can't wait to see what the big one in the garage is!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it was an !8 in the rafters...Can't expect two holy grails in one location...

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Wow, what a day, Me STUPID! *** Updated ***
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
So I went back after work. Nobody home. Sitting outside in the elements that it has the last fifty years and more. I can at least say I had eyes on this Wood Dale. I did leave him a note hanging, held by the lid... Enjoy!
The wheel style.

Square tab.

Handle.

Woody.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 04:34:47 PM »
Wow.  AWESOME kettle.  I think it is wonderful.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »
That's the first wire triangle I've seen with the older style wheels!  I really like those wheels. That's a sweet kettle. Thanks for posting the pictures. That's what we are all about! The unexpected surprises and the stories that go with them.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Wow, what a day, Me STUPID! *** Updated ***
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 04:59:12 PM »
Beautiful grill!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer