Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Nothing can stop a kettle  (Read 1774 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Nothing can stop a kettle
« on: August 04, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »
Even though my old bbq area is covered in tree bits, that isn't going to stop me from cooking tonight. Rolled out the 26 and the performer to lend a light and some table assistance.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:41:54 PM by Bbqmiller »

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
Looks like they are ready to rock!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
Here is a mess of chicken, corn in foil, and roasting peppers.

Peppers were done, so I threw on some eggplant and squash. Used some mulberry during the cook - currently my favorite for chicken.

Chicken was marinated in spiede. The meal was pretty tasty.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:46:06 PM »
Nicely done. That's a busy grill.  A lot to keep track of.

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Nothing can stop a kettle
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »
Too bad the wood is of no use for smoking/cooking. I heard chain saws and a chipper a couple houses down so eventually I walked down to see what they were cutting. I was hoping for oak or maple but it was a cherry. The trunk was about the same size as the tree that you lost. (I didn't know that cherry trees got that big, but the bark and leaves were unmistakable.) I got three logs that I could barely lift. I went home and got a bag of pulled pork out of the freezer and wrote my name and address on a card and added "looking for oak, hickory and maple for my smoker - as well as apple, cherry and other fruit woods.) and handed it to the boss. (I think he was the boss. He was standing there watching while everyone else worked.) I appreciate the wood and the gesture can't hurt. ;)
kettles, smokers...