Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **First cook with the Cajun Bandit 26.75" Rotis/ring & Rib-O-Lator**  (Read 4195 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
OK- I gotta admit, the new Cajun Bandit 26.75" Kettle Rotisserie Ring does not do it any justice sitting on my no date stamped Bar-B-Q-Kettle, complete with previous owners road rash and Weber's uninspiring "sun bleached gray" finish and its current owners added thermo's and multi-layered ash catchers which set the Standard of Uselessness, but if you are the proud owner of a shiny new (insert COLOR here)  26.75" OTG........THIS KICKS ASS!!

And when B-O-B told me he had a new Rib-O-Lator with Expandable trays, I was somewhat skeptical, but then again this "doubting Thomas" was proven WRONG!

...so first cook with the new toys for me was of course Chicken! I used Oakridge BBQ "Game Changer" Brine on two dozen wing mid sections and a dozen untrimmed thighs. The wings were seasoned with C-Dubs Voodoo Rub and Plowboy's Jerk (12 each) and half the thighs were coated with David Klose's Poultry Rub and the others with Myron Mixon's (from the book) Poultry seasoning. Using Coshell Coconut Shell Briquettes set  up for an indirect cook and Orange wood for smoke.

As you can see from the last pic, the fit of the ring sits snugly inside the lip of the bowl-no tabs like the Weber or EZ-Que rings.
The same fit you would expect from the Stacker or WSM reversible rings!

I just couldn't resist the urge to make my own modification. Cutting out the motor hole end so its easier for me to use the Rib-O-Lator
or EZ-Que Cradle (more on that later).

I've done the same on my Cajun Bandit Stainless Steel 22" rings as well.

Thanks for looking and Stay hungry!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Duke

• The Duke
Re: **First cook with the Cajun Bandit 26.75" Rotis/ring & Rib-O-Lator**
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »
Looks tasty! It's fun seeing that in action. I wouldn't mind to just get one without holes where I could add another rack or two up top. Did that come in black? Is it stainless? Thanks for posting those pictures again.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »
Looks great....thanks for the pics.

Duke-I asked the same question regarding a 22 to the C&B folks (ring with no holes) and was told it wasn't available.  I would like that for greater indirect cooking space.   

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »
Looks tasty! It's fun seeing that in action. I wouldn't mind to just get one without holes where I could add another rack or two up top. Did that come in black? Is it stainless? Thanks for posting those pictures again.

Powder coated gloss Black finish.

Talked to Chris about things and he said he's had requests for a 26.75" Cajun Bandit, and I'd gladly sacrifice my BBQK to make that happen! (I'll hold off on mounting the BBQ Guru adapter for now)
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »

Duke-I asked the same question regarding a 22 to the C&B folks (ring with no holes) and was told it wasn't available.  I would like that for greater indirect cooking space.

I've never really felt the need for the door on the 22" Cajun Bandit Kettle conversion kit myself, and I think very early on there might have been a few lucky folks to get one...

I'm all for a Stacker for the 26.75!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »

I've never really felt the need for the door on the 22" Cajun Bandit Kettle conversion kit myself, and I think very early on there might have been a few lucky folks to get one...

I'm all for a Stacker for the 26.75!

We think alike. ;)