Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question about one touch cleaning systems  (Read 1876 times)

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Question about one touch cleaning systems
« on: July 28, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »
I'm restoring an '83 22inch kettle with the one touch system and from what I can gather, what I want is the Weber 7409 one touch cleaning system.  I know it can be difficult to find.  Does the 7409 come in both 18 and 22 sizes?

What about the Weber 307409?  It is shown here.  http://store.weber.com/parts/detail/charcoal/open-ash-catcher/1301  Will this work on an 83 kettle?  Obviously it has some newer locking system instead of the nut to hold everything in place, but will it still fit?

Thanks.   ;D

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: Question about one touch cleaning systems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 04:37:32 AM »
Is it a silver model with the ash pan?  If so, the newer H-clip style will work just fine.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:53:14 AM »
I think 83 is before they started making the different OT desiginations between silver and gold right?  It was all just the one touch system right?  But I think I know what you mean, yes it's like the current silver systems with the ashpan, but it is the twist on style ashpan.

What type of kettle do people want the 7409 for?  I've seen people talk about getting it on ebay now, etc...

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 05:19:00 AM »
The SS Perfromers & Master Touches.  The ash ring was held in place with a bar instead of clipping into the leg sockets.  That support bar was attached to the bottom of the kettle via the ash sweep system.  The newer (replacement) H-style clip isn't deep/long enough to accommodate the additional bar of the older styles.  I'll find/grab a pic for ya...
Here's what it looks like on the bench

Here's what the bottom of my Blue '98 SS looked like when I picked it up.  The ash sweeper was shot and I needed the 7409 in order to put it back together like this.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:23:05 AM by Bman »
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 05:31:15 AM »
Makes sense...thanks bman!   :)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »
The 307409 is the same as the 7409. One might be a kit that comes with a few other parts for the legs.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..