Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smokey Joe Silver V Gold bottom  (Read 1793 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Smokey Joe Silver V Gold bottom
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:48:17 PM »
So a few years ago I bought a Joe for 5 bux, it was for my mini smoker, it was the bottom of a Gold and the top of a silver.  A guy had a gold and silver, he took the handle holder from the gold and put it on the silver bottom and kept the gold top.

This has worked out great for me as a smoker, this week I took it on vacation with me as my griller.  I didn't realize how poorly this thing works as a griller.  I need to get on the hunt for a cheap silver as I here that having the air come from the bottom really helps air flow.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smokey Joe Silver V Gold bottom
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:27:59 AM »
I tell you, I'm considering getting a Smokey Joe, and doing research and checking them out, the silver seems the way to go on them.  At least to me, I just can't seem to get what justifies the Gold actually being the gold.  It seems with the side vents it's a steb backwards, and basically it seems like that's what you're saying here.

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 05:40:40 AM »
I got a gold for the mini wsm project. Other than that I use the silver.

bthorn9435

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 06:31:36 AM »
Picked up a nice 92 O Code Gold, I have cooked on it around
six times and I must agree, it would make a great Mini WSM.
I am going to find a Silver to try out as i think this would cook
more like my 22.5.
2013 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 2007 Gen2 Performer w/Deep Ocean Blue Kettle Mod
68-70 Patent Pending 22.5 Daisy Wheel Red. 2021 Deep Ocean Blue Master Touch. 2013 22.5 Black One Touch Gold
2021 Ivory Smokey Joe