News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Saffa braai

Started by Bufamotis, October 11, 2024, 10:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bufamotis

Quote from: ASpitzer on October 17, 2024, 11:00:56 AM
The DT on the vent is the date code for when it was made. I think DT = 2003. Looks like it cleaned up pretty well. Now it's time to get it dirty by cooking on it. Is it an 18" (47 cm) diameter? You got a lot of great accessories for it.
It's a 22" compact (57cm)

Today I stripped the motor and reconditioned the whole thing inside and out, it went from dead and full of batery acid to whirring, resoldered all contacts, brushed the body and resprayed it etc

Terrace leisure SS with LK's rotisserie, Megamaster built-in, Landman (Weber-Q clone), Weber compact 22" with rotisserie, Naterial Phoenix Beta 22"

Bufamotis

Gearing up for a full bird rotissery tonight. And tomorrow... I'm off to Parkhurst to pick up a brand new, ±10 year old, Go Anywhere that a guy's sister bought wholesale in the US and brought over when they moved. He wanted the gas but got charcoal so never used it
Terrace leisure SS with LK's rotisserie, Megamaster built-in, Landman (Weber-Q clone), Weber compact 22" with rotisserie, Naterial Phoenix Beta 22"

ASpitzer

Nice job on the motor. You will love the rotisserie chicken. So easy and so good. Put some potatoes in a drip pan underneath and enjoy.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

Bufamotis

Quote from: ASpitzer on October 18, 2024, 07:59:15 AM
Nice job on the motor. You will love the rotisserie chicken. So easy and so good. Put some potatoes in a drip pan underneath and enjoy.
I've done rotissery spatchcock in my built-in which has a rectangular stand, never tried a whole bird over the fire even though I have a spit rod too, only in the toaster oven..

I've not been able to do it in the weber since the stand won't fit and loses heat (or rather  the phoenix since I only got a weber this week)

I literally just saw your post and did a quick reassessment of what dinner will be... Roast veg under the dripping pan

Bufamotis

Swopped out the water pan for veggies to catch the chicken goodies, and have beets in foil on the side

ASpitzer

1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

Bufamotis

The lid hook on mine tore off today, guess it was rusted from never being properly cleaned by previous owners. So I noticed it had a dent under the vents where it was attached. Turned the vents, drilled two small holes and riveted it back in.
I'll dremel some of the aluminium away later. Gearing up to do a pizza tonight...