News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

I hope all our friends in the south get through this hurricane safe.

Started by getlego, September 27, 2024, 01:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gringo

Daughter and family just got electric and water back over the weekend. We sent down 200lbs of charcoal 2 weeks ago. SIL has been driving back and forth with supplies from us in VA to Augusta. The only good thing for me was I got the grandbabies for 2 weeks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Big Dawg

Quote from: bamakettles on September 29, 2024, 08:43:53 AM
Quote from: Big Dawg on September 28, 2024, 01:26:59 PMWell, I had a bunch of pictures that I'd been sent, but I got some kind of Forbidden Error.

What they showed was what was going in Western NC/Eastern TN.  On the NC/TN line, I-40 is washed out I-26 is underwater.  Asheville underwater as well.

For us in NE Florida, it was mostly a wind event.  I only got ½" of rain over the whole event.

BD
Glad to hear you all weren't affected BD.... Can't believe how far north the storm reached.  Best wishes for those still recovering.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Well, Milton was little different.  We had a helluva lot more wind and almost a foot of rain.

Made it through okay, didn't lose anything, but power.  Thankfully the gennie had access to almost 60 gallons of gas, so the AC kept me cool & the Fridge kept my scotch cool ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna