Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1975/6 Charcoal Grill - plus accessories (questions about selling)  (Read 4187 times)

ururk

• Happy Cooker
I was asked to sell a 1975/6 (need to check date codes tomorrow) 22" weber grill for a family member. Along with the grill, there are these accessories:

cover
rib rack (with box)
roast holder (with box)
corn and tater holder (no box, a bit rusted)
charcoal starter

I'm trying to price this fairly but also not get taken (ie, sell all for $30, LOL). I also am wondering if there is any value to keeping the RH-95 and RR-37 boxes - they are kinda yucky as - as one can imagine - they were stored in the garage all these years (yep, the racks themselves look unused, but the boxes are - while intact - a bit sketchy). Grill also was garaged and covered near as I can tell.

Should I part it out (ie, sell accessories separately)? Or just sell as one bundle? Since it's a black grill, the "paint job" isn't anything special, so I presume the grill itself isn't worth much.

I presume it's OK to post this question - I will not link to my marketplace listing or post any other details here, but would appreciate any guidance.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 04:44:42 AM by ururk »

ururk

• Happy Cooker
Re: 1975/6 Charcoal Grill - plus accessories (questions about selling)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 04:55:06 AM »
I was able to do a closer inspection - it's either 1975 or 1976 based on the wheels and vents. I updated my post title and the description.

Also - I want to mention that I appreciate collecting and using vintage stuff - and so I'm not just a "ooooh, make quick cash" kinda person. If I charcoal grilled (we do gas nowadays) I'd just acquire it (or trade up for an avocado green one), but haven't for years and it would be another "thing" to just have sitting around.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 02:12:26 PM »
I would keep the boxes, even if they’re old and falling apart. They’ve made it this far, let the new owner decide if they’re worth keeping.

Is there anyone else in the family to whom you could give the whole setup?

ururk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 02:17:04 PM »
I would keep the boxes, even if they’re old and falling apart. They’ve made it this far, let the new owner decide if they’re worth keeping.
Thanks - that's what I was thinking.

Is there anyone else in the family to whom you could give the whole setup?
No, no one else wants it. They all have their own grills and were asked. Not that I'm the only one in the family that appreciates vintage stuff... but I'm probably the one most obsessed about it.